Carboline is seeking an EH&S Senior Specialist, located at our Research and Development Facility in St. Louis, MO. This person will be responsible for implementing and managing the environmental, health, safety, security, and emergency response programs for Carboline research and development and corporate facilities. They will also be responsible for maintaining the Carboline environmental management system (EMS) for all Carboline facilities. They will also be responsible for submission of required annual regulatory submissions for all Carboline facilities.
Minimum of a BS degree in a safety, regulatory, or chemical related discipline or equivalent experience. (Environmental Management preferred.) Minimum of 5 years of practical experience in safety, regulatory, and/or chemical processing fields. Deep understanding of environmental regulations. Possess a working knowledge of implementation and management of laboratory chemical hygiene plans. Proven experience as a safety manager. Ability to produce reports and develop relevant policies. Experience in data analysis and risk assessment. Excellent organizational and motivational skills. Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability. Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities.
This position requires some physical activity including but not limited to standing/kneeling/walking/sitting on concrete for approximately 50% of work day. This position could also require computer usage for an extended period of time - up to 8 hours in a day.
Lifting up to 50 pounds; exposure to dust and chemicals including but not limited to: Amines, Polyamides, Isocyanates, Epoxies, Alkyds, Acrylics, and certain inorganic compounds. Personal protective equipment would be utilized.
This position will require travel by air and/or car including nighttime and overnight up to 33% of the time .
* Responsible for timely and accurate completion and submission of required governmental reports related to safety and environmental matters.
* Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal EH&S regulations including written programs, record keeping, reports, inspections, monitoring, testing, and training and establish local EH&S goals and objectives along with the timely and accurate reporting mechanisms.
* Coordinate the investigation of incidents (including near misses and losses) and accidents to determine root causes and assists in the development of corrective and preventive action plans.
* Conduct EH&S reviews for new product development, facility modification, product manufacturing modifications and new equipment/machinery installations.
* Analyze problems, identifying alternative solutions, and implementing recommendations in support of the Company safety goals and objectives.
* Identify potential or actual areas of non-compliance through regular auditing and inspections and ensure appropriate corrective actions are taken.
Who We Are:
Carboline is a St. Louis-based coatings manufacturer with a global reach. The company, founded in 1947, produces high-quality performance coatings, linings, and fireproofing products in more than 20 manufacturing facilities around the world. Carboline has been ranked a top workplace for seven years in a row, so culture and maintaining a safe and clean work environment is something we take very seriously.
Carboline is part of RPM International Inc., a $6.1 billion, multinational company with subsidiaries that are world leaders in specialty coatings, sealants, building materials and related services. From homes and workplaces to infrastructure and precious landmarks, RPM's market-leading brands are trusted by consumers and professionals alike to help build a better world.
If you want to be part of a growing global organization with opportunity for growth, we would like to meet you.
What We Offer:
We offer a team atmosphere that fosters cooperation and creativity; a management team committed to employee development and an environment where people are empowered to make decisions. Our career opportunities offer unlimited earnings potential and our comprehensive benefits package is among the best in the industry which includes affordable benefits, a company match 401K plan and a retirement pension plan.
Carboline is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
"In order to be the best, we must hire the best"