The LYCRA Company is a premier supplier of differentiated fiber products from a global manufacturing base with assets in Europe, USA, Mexico, Brazil, China and Singapore.
Our Apparel business works with leading consumer brands, retailers and fabric mills all over the world to leverage our innovative ingredient brand fibers including LYCRA® fiber, COOLMAX® fabric, THERMOLITE® fabric, SUPPLEX® fabric and TACTEL® fiber. The LYCRA Company is a leading supplier in the global apparel markets including ready-to-wear, intimate apparel, swimwear, activewear, outdoor and career apparel.
Location : Waynesboro, VA, USA
The position of Environmental Technician will help maintain compliance for all environmental, health and safety programs at the Waynesboro, VA Manufacturing and R&D site. The person in this role will be a self-starter and an advocate for environmental excellence, sustainable production and solutions as a key strategy for the success of the business. This role will be responsible to:
* Ensure day-to-day regulatory environmental, health, and safety compliance for the Waynesboro, VA site.
* Develop a working understanding of regulatory compliance and excellence capability in the plant operating areas via sustainable management systems.
* Identify and develop programs to conserve resources, reduce emissions, and eliminate waste.
* Complete routine inspections required by federal and state regulations.
* Manage waste disposal programs for the site, including waste characterization validation.
* Manage day-to-day documentation required by environmental regulations (waste manifest, SPCC, SWPP Plan, RMP plans, sustainability data entry, etc.).
* Manage site incidents reporting and action item program.
* Manage site environmental procedures.
* Assist in environmental, health or safety project implementation.
* Assist in identifying and addressing emerging issues so that environmental compliance is maintained.
* Support co-workers to enhance their overall understanding of environmental, health, and safety requirements.
* Assist with lead and asbestos programs.
* Assist with hygiene programs.
* 2 + years working in an Environmental or EHS based role or a college/university degree.
* Working knowledge of EHS regulations.
* Demonstrated excellence in ethics, compliance, and EHS performance.
* Demonstrated leadership skills that produce outstanding results.
* Motivated and effective contributor in a collaborative, diverse team environment.
* Creative, entrepreneurial spirit that is driven by a passion for innovation and focused by business goals.
* Effective problem solver with strong observation and critical thinking skills.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* 4 year degree in an environmental, safety, or related program
* 4+ years of EHS or Environmental compliance experience.
* Completion of Environmental, Health, and Safety Management course(s) or equivalent.
* Experience communicating with regulatory agencies.
The LYCRA Company innovates and produces fiber and technology solutions for the apparel and personal care industries. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, The LYCRA Company is recognized worldwide for its innovative products, technical expertise, and unmatched marketing support. The LYCRA Company owns leading consumer and trade brands: LYCRA®, LYCRA HyFit®, LYCRA® T400®, COOLMAX®, THERMOLITE®, ELASPAN®, SUPPLEX®, and TACTEL®. The LYCRA Company's legacy stretches back to 1958 with the invention of the original spandex yarn, LYCRA® fiber. Today, The LYCRA Company focuses on adding value to its customers' products by developing unique innovations designed to meet the consumer's need for comfort and lasting performance. For more information, visit www.thelycracompany.com.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.