Who We Are
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate. We're looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all experiences, skillsets, backgrounds and walks of life. We actively foster a work environment and culture where inclusion and diversity is part of our fundamental structure. This is delivered behaviorally, through our policies, trainings, local partnerships with professional diverse organizations, internal networks and most importantly with the support and sponsorship of our leaders who help drive our commitment to an inclusive, diverse, welcoming and equitable work environment. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
We are a global leader in environmental consulting - made stronger with the recent acquisition of Wood's Environment & Infrastructure business and Golder - with world-class expertise in environmental, social and governance (ESG), climate resiliency & sustainability (CRS), and earth sciences. Combined we have over 20,000 multidisciplinary professionals worldwide collaborating daily to protect and conserve natural landscapes, create firm foundations for communities to stand on, and champion sustainable development to combat climate change. As part of the team, you will have access to an unparalleled network of resources and endless opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates from across the globe.
WSP currently has a Senior Geoscientist position available in Texas (Austin, Dallas, Houston, or San Antonio). We are seeking a self-motivated individual with a BS degree or higher in hydrology, or geology and 15+ years experience in environmental consulting field. Qualified candidate should have experience with Texas regulations for soil and groundwater remediation, as well as geologic/hydrogeologic, and water resource investigations.
* Interpret geologic, hydrogeologic, and environmental data
* Data management and evaluation
* Prepare proposals for scopes of work, subject to review and approval by senior personnel
* Prepare technical reports, subject to review by senior personnel and the Project Manager
* Assist on proposal effort for new work
* Oversee and lead field work, including aquifer testing, drilling oversight, geologic logging, soil and groundwater sampling, and field mapping
* Ensure that company administrative and financial policies and procedures as well as the methods and procedures specific to the work are followed
Who You Are
* BS degree in Geology, Hydrology, or related field
* Texas Professional Geoscientist license
* Minimum15 years consulting industry experience
* Knowledgeable in TRRP and CERCLA
* Good critical thinking and data evaluation skills
* Strong writing/communication skills
* The ideal candidate will demonstrate excellent verbal skills, writing skills, and strong computer proficiency
* Able to work as part of a team with diverse backgrounds and skills
* Must pass drug test and background check
* Successful candidate will be required to complete the in-house Project Management training program and become certified as a Project Manager within one year of employment
* Experience with standard mapping software, ArcGIS software is a plus
* Experience with standard modeling software, MODFLOW is a plus
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
* Travel Required: N/A - No travel required
* Job Status: Regular
* Employee Type: Full
* Primary Location: AUSTIN - EXECUTIVE CENTER DR
* All locations: US-TX-Austin
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of WSP, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment markets. With more than 15,000 employees in over 300 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com
WSP provides a flexible, agile and hybrid workplace model while meeting client needs. Employees are also afforded a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on providing health and financial stability throughout the employee's career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.