➢ The Business Environmental Partner (BEP) is an internal consultant providing an enabling business support role. The BP is a trusted partner and has a seat at the leadership table working on medium to longer-term objectives.
➢ Responsible for designing practical approaches that support staff to integrate safe behaviors into everyday activity and ensure the principles of HSSE are reflected in business decisions at all levels.
➢ Through coaching and advice, guide managers and their teams in the adoption of best practice safety leadership
➢ Deliver and implement departmental strategies and key corporate initiatives to drive continuous improvement in maintaining regulatory compliant programs, incident-free operations, and a safe work environment.
➢ Lead the HSSE vision, including role modeling great personal and team leadership and taking an active role in ensuring the HSSE Operating System is embedded successfully.
➢ HSSE expertise and knowledge to facilitate environmental business operations.
* PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES LEADERSHIP & ENGAGEMENT
* Assist and support the Head of HSSE Improvement with development, implementation and maintenance of Health/ Safety /Security / Environment programs that are regulatory compliant.
* Provide an excellent cross functional partnership service to plan, facilitate and enable the achievement of HSSE goals and priorities.
* Provides HSSE expertise and knowledge to facilitate in the development of environmental risk management program.
* Influence colleagues and key stakeholders within business unit to become effective Safety Leaders. Through role modelling what great looks like; regular engagement and attendance at stakeholder forums; and provide guidance in compliance with applicable company standards and International laws and regulations.
* Maintain appropriate professional working relationships with customers, shipping lines, contractors and vendors, Government agencies and their representatives, trucking communities, terminal departments and the Union workforce. Ensure they are aware and are compliant with our safety regulations and policy.
* Preserve energy efficiency by using natural resources effectively and efficiently, protecting the natural environment
* Perform all other job-related duties as required.
* STRATEGY & MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
* Assist and support the head of HSE improvement in defining and executing the HSE strategy and monitoring the strategy implementation.
* Bachelor of Science/Master of Science PE Environmental Engineer
* 5 years + Experience at a senior level with a proven track record in the delivery of business objectives
* Graduate member of IOSH/ Member of a professional institution (CIWEM, IEMA, CIWM…)
* Experience with managing operational risks such as oil spill response, chemical management, dangerous goods, and fuel management.
* Experience in leading and managing teams.
* Strong negotiation, collaboration, and influencing skills
* A demonstration of continued professional development within HSE
* Experience in shaping and executing an environmental risk management program
* English level of minimum 13 - EF
Notice to applicants applying to positions in the United States
You must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S.
Maersk/APM Terminals is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities who are applying for positions in the U.S. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Maersk/APM Terminals in the U.S. and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, or if you need a reasonable accommodation to perform a job, please contact the applicable Human Resources Department by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis pursuant to an interactive dialogue between the applicant and the Company.
Pay Transparency Notice: