Exciting opportunity with an emerging biotech
This Jobot Job is hosted by Shannon Colette Lee
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button and sending us your resume.
Salary $120,000 - $165,000 per year
A Bit About Us
Group of scientists in an emerging start-up in South San Francisco with expertise in protein science, antibody engineering, immuno-oncology and preclinical in vivo models.
Why join us?
* Great Competitive Base Salary!
* Yearly Bonuses!
* Competitive PTO!
* Full Benefits!
The preferred candidate will have deep knowledge in immunology or cancer research with extensive hands-on experience in biotherapeutic discovery and target validation. The candidate will the knowledge and skills to explore immuno-oncology modulatory proteins using cutting edge immunological methods. Position/Title commensurate with education and experience.
* Quickly advance discovery research programs to identify and validate novel immuno-oncology biotherapeutics, focusing on effector cell engagers and other therapies capable of immune-mediated tumor cell killing
* Work independently on the design, execution, and interpretation of experiments
* Work closely with a highly productive team of research associates and/or scientists to initiate and rapidly to advance new therapeutic programs
* Identify and adopt in vitro and in vivo methods to facilitate target discovery and elucidate the mechanism(s) of action
* Evaluate new technologies and develop assays to advance and accelerate discovery programs
* Work cross-functionally with colleagues in protein engineering, in vivo biology, and external collaborations
* Attend team meetings and deliver clear and well-prepared presentations. Be an active participant in discussions
* Stay abreast of latest scientific and technology advancements in the field
* Provide scientific and technical input to lead pipeline development
* Experience in biotherapeutic target evaluation, validation and candidate selection
* Skilled in designing pre-clinical in vivo experiments to assess drug candidate efficacy
* Extensive hands-on experience in basic immunology techniques including flow cytometry, cytokine analysis, cytotoxicity, proliferation assays, and immune cell isolation etc.
* Skill in mammalian tissue culture techniques for cell lines and primary cells, generation and maintenance of transfected cells
* A background in immuno-oncology drug discovery, particularly in targeting tumor stroma and immune cell composition as demonstrated by peer reviewed publications and/or patent submissions
* Previous experience in antibody drug discovery is a plus
* Strong motivation with a dedicated work ethic
* Evidence of creative problem-solving skills and ability to take on difficult research challenges
* Excellent oral presentation and communication skills
* Team player able to work in a cross-functional environment
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button.