ERM is seeking an energetic and knowledgeable Climate Change Project Manager . This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced professional looking to play a key role working with an expert consulting team on interesting climate advisory projects for Fortune 500 and privately held clients.
ERM has enduring values, which are fundamental to our business conduct. We are passionate about our people, their safety, well-being and development. ERM employees take accountability, are client focused, and collaborate with colleagues across geographies. If you share our values and are motivated by opportunities to shape climate strategy and disclosure to make a real impact to our client's businesses, ERM is the right place for you.
* Serve as technical lead and project manager working with clients in the calculation and disclosure of GHG emissions, carbon footprint of products, decarbonization strategy planning and implementation, and evaluation of climate change risks and opportunities..
* Advise and manage climate-related projects including the design and development of GHG inventories (Scopes 1 and 2, with particular emphasis on Scope 3), carbon footprinting, analysis of emissions reductions levers (e.g., energy efficiency measures, options for green power purchasing, onsite renewables) and estimating costs thereof.
* Support development of climate change strategy and action planning, and modeling and setting of science-based targets.
* Communicate with clients, ERM teams, and subcontractors (when applicable).
* Mentor junior and mid-level staff in the proper planning and execution of projects, and in directing or conducting independent technical reviews of deliverable work products.
* Support the general growth and development of ERM's energy and climate change services. Collaborate with other ERM practitioners to execute energy and climate change projects, including participating on teams comprised of energy and climate change professionals from multiple offices globally.
* Collaborate with our Sustainability Strategy & Disclosure services, Digital Services, and other practice areas to provide integrated solutions to our clients.
* Actively support cross selling of other services to existing clients.
* Bachelors' degree in engineering or other relevant disciplines. Master of Science or Professional Engineer preferred.
* 10+ years' experience in climate change consulting for heavy industry (oil and gas, chemicals, mining, etc) or a related industry position with technical competence in greenhouse gas emissions accounting, management, and reporting.
* Experience in project management to deliver team results on time and on budget.
* Experience and confidence to lead and grow business in a dynamic market environment.
* Strong analytical skills, ability to think strategically, analyze and synthesize diverse qualitative and quantitative data and information.
* Attention to detail.
* Ability to work well with a range of stakeholders, including diverse project teams and client contacts.
* Ability to communicate ideas clearly and confidently, articulate issues and recommend solutions.
* High-level proficiency in use of Microsoft Office programs-comfort with complicated Excel formulas, pivot tables, etc., plus ability to present information succinctly and visually in PowerPoint; sophisticated data analysis a plus.
* Excellent communication (written/verbal), strategic thinking, negotiation, presentation, and "people" skills.
* Demonstrated leadership ability to build, coach, and mentor collaborative teams.
* Positive outlook, collaborative, and driven by the success of ERM as a global company.
* Experience in the oil and gas sector is preferred.
Who We Are:
As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the world's leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations.
At ERM we know that creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment is an essential part of making our company a great place to build a career. We also see our diversity as a strength that helps us create better solutions for our clients. Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our "boots to boardroom" approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!