Location : DeKalb, IL
* Candidate will do their ENS training in Downers Grove IL then head out to DeKalb, IL
This is 40 hour position with 4 hr on Saturday/Sunday and Monday/Tuesday days off
* Sunday - start time 5:30AM (4 hours)
* Wednesday/Thursday/Friday - start time 5:30AM (10.5 hours)
* Saturday - start time 5:30AM
* Perform activities related to the project Ambient Air Monitoring Program to include:
* Perform work in accordance with the project Health and Safety Program
* Be responsible for calibrating hand-held air monitoring equipment
* Maintenance of PAH time-integrated sampling units, which include, but not limited to brush changes, motor changes, single and multipoint calibrations
* Collect and replace time integrated samples from stations on assigned days.
* Complete all corresponding field sheets and chains of custody.
* Prepare time integrated samples in preparation for the following work day on assigned days.
* Collect real-time air quality readings.
* Prepare, and label all time integrated samples for shipment to the laboratory
* Other duties as assigned such as gaging wells, preparing hydrographs, collecting soil and treatment system water samples, etc.
* Previous experience performing similar tasks.
* College Degree in environmental science or similar field preferred.
* OSHA 30 and Hazwoper training preferred (not required as will train)