Randstad is seeking a talented Microbiologist/Analytical Chemist to generate and analyze data for different projects in the pipeline aiming to use microorganisms to improve plant health and growth.
What you will do:
* Support studies from various projects within Bayer by analyzing different microbial species.
* Perform microbial viability and stability assays according to standard protocols.
* Process samples to recover microbes to culture them in different media.
* Perform analysis of chemical compounds present in samples.
* Generates and delivers reports to different groups within company.
* Operate, troubleshoot and perform maintenance on lab equipment.
* Assists with lab maintenance and re-stocking tasks.
* Interact with different groups inside and outside the organization.
What you need:
* Bachelor's in Biology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, Analytical Chemistry or related field with 3-5 years of experience.
* Experience with microbiology techniques (microbial isolation, culture, characterization), interpretation and reporting of analytical data.
* Experience with molecular biology techniques (DNA isolation, purification, PCR), interpretation and reporting of molecular biology data.
* Experience with LC instruments, techniques, maintenance and troubleshooting.
* Proficient in chromatography software and analysis, interpretation and reporting of data.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
* Sample and Solution preparation experience for microbiology and analytical chemistry workflows.
* Knowledge and experience of GLPs.
* Able to plan, execute, troubleshoot and prioritize experiments and report results to both technical and non-technical audiences.
For immediate consideration, send resume to email@example.com. Relocation cost reimbursement is not available for this position.