Fount Bio is seeking a highly skilled and passionate individual to lead the company's research efforts to develop and characterize novel forms of glycosaminoglycans for translation into future Fount Bio products. The successful candidate will serve as a critical member of Fount's core R&D team and support mission critical objectives.
This is a hand's on, bench-oriented position within the R&D team. Primary focus areas include the experimental design, biological evaluation and characterization of proprietary glycosaminoglycan conjugates and small molecules. The candidate must have a strong background in biology, molecular biology, and/or pharmacology or related fields and be able to work in a fast paced, team-oriented environment.
• Perform ex vivo and in vivo studies for performance evaluation of novel small molecules and biopolymer conjugates.
• Establish biological endpoints and bioanalytical techniques to characterize lead molecules and Fount Bio's pipeline products through discovery and development phases.
• Assist R&D team in bio-conjugation, chemical synthesis, and characterization efforts.
• Ability and willingness to learn new techniques and apply these skills to emerging projects.
• Investigate, create, and develop new methods and technologies for project advancement.
• Prepare technical reports, summaries, protocols, and qualitative/quantitative analyses for senior leadership.
• Strategize with senior R&D team members on research strategy.
• May have to manage research associates assisting in product development efforts.
• Maintains high level of professional expertise through familiarity with scientific literature.
• Ideal candidate also displays strong teamwork and interpersonal skills, excellent written and oral communication skills and excellent IT skills
• Ph. D. in Biology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Molecular Biology, Bioengineering or related field.
• Laboratory experience in fluorescence microscopy, histology, immunohistochemistry, ex vivo studies, in vivo studies, bioanalytical assays/techniques, and method development.
• Experience in bioengineering, pharmacokinetics and/or biocompatibility/toxicology studies is a plus.
• Prior industry experience in a relevant field is a plus.
• The successful candidate will possess strong communication, team and time management skills as well possess a detail-oriented approach to laboratory work.
About Fount Bio, Inc
Fount Bio, Inc, located in Cambridge, MA, is a clinical-stage life science company that develops bioinspired technologies to improve human health and enhance the quality of people's lives. Inspired by nature, Fount Bio has developed the world's first platform capable of building a network of bio-stable polymers within the human skin via topical delivery.
Fount Bio is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination based on race, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation or disability, or any characteristic protected under applicable law.
Interested candidates should e-mail their resume to Fount Bio ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) for further consideration.