Lawhon and Associates, Inc. is seeking a passionate, experienced ecologist with specialized training and experience in aquatic threatened and endangered species. The selected individual will be part of a talented team, led by senior ecologists with the expertise to mentor through each step of technical and professional development. In addition to supporting mussel survey and relocation projects in Group 1, 2, 3 and 4 streams in Ohio, the selected individual will also be assigned ecological survey and waterway permitting tasks. They will also have the opportunity to gain project and client management experience. This is a full-time position in our Columbus office, with hybrid work flexibility. The role offers a blend of field and office work, which will provide the opportunity to develop field survey, research, data collection and management, technical writing agency coordination and project leadership skills.
Qualified candidates will possess a degree in biology, environmental science, natural resource management or similar science-related fields. They must also possess the following skills:
* Three to five years of ecological consulting experience.
* Experience preparing Section 404/401 Nationwide Permits (required) and Individual Permits (preferred).
* ODOT Ecological Survey and Waterway Permit Prequalifications (preferred).
* ODNR Approved Group 1 and 3 Mussel Surveyor (preferred).
* Ability and desire to conduct aquatic surveys in waterbodies of various sizes using snorkeling / SCUBA / SSA equipment. Open water dive certification - PADI, SSI, or equivalent (preferred).
* Excellent written, verbal and analytical skills.
* Ability to solve problems using critical thinking and to complete tasks with consideration to their own and the team's safety.
* Capable of working in a team atmosphere and independently, as required.
* Physically capable to work in rough terrain and inclement weather with field gear.
* Consultant mindset, including eagerness to learn and grow, self-starter who takes initiative and service-oriented approach to assignments.
* Strong organizational skills with a keen eye for detail, while maintaining the ability to see the big picture.
* Willingness to support a variety of infrastructure and development project types in the private and public sector.
* Availability for periodic overnight travel to job sites (mainly in Ohio).
We offer industry-competitive salaries, medical, dental, life and disability insurance, a fully vested 401(K) retirement plan with 100% match, paid holidays and sick time. Successful candidates must have an acceptable driving record, be willing to travel and pass a background check. Send your resume in word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please reference ECOPM2022 in all correspondence.
Lawhon & Associates, Inc . provides full-service environmental engineering and consulting services to the public and private sector. The company was established in 1985 to serve an emerging market in asbestos/lead management. Over the past 37 years, our services have grown to include environmental site investigations and remediation; ecological and wetland services; cultural and historic resources evaluations; environmental permitting; indoor environmental quality studies; and NEPA compliance. We have over 35 professionals on staff with expertise and experience relevant to the services we offer. To learn more about Lawhon & Associates, Inc., please visit our website at www.lawhon-assoc.com.