Do you want to work for an exciting EHS consulting firm that provides a wide variety of projects and is viewed as a leader in Environment, Health, Safety and Sustainability? A career opportunity that is flexible? Look no further! ERM is seeking a motivated Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Staff Consultant , to join our consulting firm in Seattle, WA . In this role, you will work closely with Project Managers on EHS compliance, EHS systems, and health and safety projects. This is an excellent career opportunity to work with an expert consulting team on challenging health and safety projects for large industrial and global clients. Access to ERM's national subject matter experts provide knowledge sharing of best practices across the industry and ongoing learning opportunities for our team.
* Provide technical assistance on EHS compliance, sustainability, site investigation, and due diligence transaction projects.
* Understand compliance with key safety programs including, chemical, laboratory, R&D, Robotics, Pharmaceutical, electrical, data center, and construction safety.
* Determine proper engineering controls for employee safety and the environment.
* Review ergonomic programs and office safety.
* Perform EHS compliance assessments and implement follow-up corrective actions to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
* Provide on-site EHS compliance support at client facilities.
* Provide general EHS compliance support to clients, including on-site assistance as needed.
* Conduct health and safety field work, including industrial hygiene surveys, ergonomics, chemical exposure evaluations, laboratory safety, emergency planning and employee safety and training.
* Design and implement safety system management systems and programs for clients.
* Perform multiple projects within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
* Support ERM Partners-in-Charge and Project Managers to effectively manage projects.
* BS in safety engineering, environmental science, occupational health and safety, or related discipline. Masters a plus; Minimum 3.0 GPA.
* ASP, CIH certifications or similar is desirable.
* Effective written/verbal communication and organization/analytical skills; experience recording/writing detailed technical data and reports a plus.
* Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, travel, and work independently with minimal supervision.
* Valid driver's license and good driving record.
* Local candidates preferred.
Who We Are:
As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the world's leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations.
At ERM we know that creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment is an essential part of making our company a great place to build a career. We also see our diversity as a strength that helps us create better solutions for our clients. Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our "boots to boardroom" approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!