Location : Menlo Park, CA
Type : Full-time
Want to help tackle the plastic pollution and climate change crises? Join Novoloop!
Novoloop is a chemical upcycling startup in Menlo Park, CA. We're innovative, collaborative, and passionate world-changers. Our goal is to build great technology and products as well as an awesome team and place to work. We focus on fostering growth and creating impact. We promote a culture in which employees are rewarded for hard work, innovation, personal initiative, and teamwork. Our successful candidates have the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
We're seeking an experienced Lab Manager to ensure lab operations run safely and efficiently. This will enable our technical team to focus on R&D and hand off lab operations responsibilities related to inventory, scheduling, waste management, etc. If you have a background in science and a passion for lab operations and optimization, keep reading! This is a full-time on-site position in Menlo Park, California. We accept local applicants.
* Stock and order common lab consumables (e.g., reagents, gasses, gloves, lab notebooks, etc.); create a system for doing so effectively
* Responsible for equipment troubleshooting, coordinating service and repair, maintenance, cleanliness, and shared equipment scheduling
* Proactively maintain the organization of the lab
* Facilitate waste disposal with an external vendor, conduct safety walkthroughs, and coordinate required trainings/orientations
* Contribute to risk assessment and lab safety policy implementation
* Establish and maintain an internal electronic lab management system to streamline inventory management, procurement, scheduling, etc.
* Train new employees on safety protocols; help new employees set up their bench/hood space
* Maintain accurate and up-to-date records on all training, permits, and incidents
* Assist with the maintenance of the asset management system and documentation
* Assist in chemical reagent inventory, documentation, and tracking to align with the Company's safety initiatives
* Function as point of contact between the technical team and the rest of the operations team
* Deliver a high level of customer service within the company
* Work closely with other operations team members to cross-functionally support improvement initiatives
* Complete additional operations and lab support duties as necessary
* Perform all duties in keeping with the Company's core values, policies, and all applicable regulations
* Experience in a laboratory environment required: Bachelor's degree with 2-4 years experience or Associate's degree with 5 years work experience or equivalent
* Familiar with standard laboratory equipment
* Knowledge of safe laboratory practices
* Ability to work independently as well as part of a team and carry out work duties with minimal supervision
* Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
* Proficient computer skills
* Demonstrated desire to work and support others
* Great analytical skills with an eagerness to proactively problem solve
* Customer service oriented and experience working with people from different functions, backgrounds, and levels of experience
* Demonstrated ability to achieve goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Role involves (ADA notations)
* Frequent communication (talking/listening)
* Regular walking and standing
* Vision requirements: close, distance, peripheral, color, and depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
* Lifting and moving items weighing up to 20 lbs
* Role requires 80% of the time in the lab: moving, routine maintenance and cleaning of equipment, etc.
* Computer use: 20% of the time: paperwork, developing procedures, etc.
* Noise conditions: laboratory and office environment
In addition to salary, relocation assistance, and stock options, we offer great paid time off and health benefits, which include medical, dental, and vision insurance. We also offer a 401k program, life insurance, parental leave, employee assistance, and more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We're an equal-opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered equally without regard to race, color, ethnicity, veteran status, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, membership in an organization, or any other non-merit factors.
Health and Safety
The health of our team members is a top priority. Our application process for prospective new team members will include initial virtual video interviews and may also include limited in-person interviews during which we pay special attention to distancing and hygiene recommendations from the CDC. We're doing what we can to keep our employees safe while also conducting our work to solve the pollution problem
Berkner Group has been retained to execute this search. If you were contacted by Berkner Group, please reply to the person who contacted you. If you are applying to a job posting, please email your resume and a brief introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and the title for this position [Your name] - Novoloop - Lab Manager in the subject line of your email.
We look forward to hearing from you!