York Analytical Laboratories, Inc. is a leading full-service environmental laboratory servicing the New York, Connecticut, and New Jersey areas. We are seeking qualified individuals to join our analytical team in Stratford, CT as a Chemist I / Lab Technician / Analyst. We're looking to fill positions in the 2nd shift, nights/weekend extraction and chemistry, as well as the day shift. There is a pay differential for evening/weekend shifts. This role is an entry level position for the organization and training will be provided. Successful candidates will primarily be responsible for daily production by assisting in the preparation and analysis environmental samples for water and soil.
YORK is a diverse and dynamic organization that offers a comprehensive benefits package, growth potential for motivated individuals, competitive salaries, and relocation assistance, if required. Adherence to YORK's Quality Systems, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Chemical Hygiene Plan, and all Health and Safety protocols is required.
* Preparation and analysis of environmental samples in water and soil.
* Completion of Training: Initial Demonstration of Capability, and annual Continuing Demonstrations of Capability.
* Participation in York's Quality Program including, but not limited to Corrective and Preventative Actions.
* Comply with all Quality Assurance Protocols and SOPs.
* Other Duties as assigned by laboratory management.
* Bachelor's degree in environmental or physical sciences.
* Laboratory experience.
* Proficient in data processing and analysis.
* Must be authorized to work in the United States without employer sponsorship.
* Bachelor's degree in chemistry.
* Experience in an analytical testing laboratory.
* "Hands on" experience with Agilent instrumentation.
* Working knowledge of EPA methodologies
* Working knowledge of Promium Element or other LIMS.
* Strong organizational skills with an ability to multitask.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.