Associate: Innovation, New Product Development, and Entrepreneurship
Are you an innovator and/or product development professional with a passion for entrepreneurship or dream to be an entrepreneur? Are you interested in solving today's greatest challenges like climate change, clean energy, space, sustainability, cyber security, etc. through advanced technologies? If so, read further!
FedTech, an Arlington based boutique deep-tech innovation/new venture consultancy, is on a mission to unlock the benefits of technology through entrepreneurially minded people. Our teams educate, consult, advise and connect inventors, scientists, entrepreneurs and corporate ventures to bring government lab technologies to the commercial world. Since our inception in 2015, we have trained 2k+ scientists/inventors in entrepreneurship, launched 80+ companies and accelerated over 200 startups. We work with a variety of agencies (for example, DOD, NASA, DOE, VA, USDA and NIH) tech transfer offices and scientists to achieve our mission. With the US government focus and increased funding to innovate solutions to our climate crisis, US manufacturing, clean energy, etc, it's a great time to be involved.
The Associate: Innovation, New Product Development, and Entrepreneurship leads experiential learning and coaching programs to empower researchers, scientists and entrepreneurs to leverage human-centered design, agile and lean startup business practices to improve the potential success of their ideas, de-risk future investment and commercialize new ventures.
What you will do:
* Lead multi-tiered intrapreneurship / entrepreneurship programs that have a major impact on the success of commercializing research and innovation within the government labs and other organizations
* Coach human-centered design, agile/lean processes and company formation/funding/scaling strategies with a specific focus on deep-tech commercialization
* Advise our clients on their goals, success metrics around innovation in their workforce within the context of FedTech programs.
* Design and develop experiential workshops then facilitate the interactive sessions
* Create and help manage project plans, stay extremely organized and focused on details of program execution
* Be integral in the continuous testing, development and refinement of our innovation and new product development programs
* Build strong rapport and trusting relationships with our client-partners.
* Lead, mentor and motivate junior team members in delivering intrapreneurial programs
* Assist the development of subject matter expert and mentor network to support the internal innovation program
* Participate in professional development activities like training, mentorship and networking. We are 100% committed to growing your skill-set.
* 5+ years of professional experience in leading innovation and/or product development and/or consulting/research supplier (research, design and innovation) experience
* Proven experience in human-centered design/design research, agile & lean startup principles, product development best practices, business models evaluation/development
* Experience designing, creating content, incorporating storytelling preferred
* Ability to lead, coordinate teams, and support processes directly to deliver initiatives on-time with attention to details.
* Excellent communicator, excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact at all levels within an organization (up, across, down) - be effective in a cross-functional matrix organization.
* You don't need to be an engineer, but we look for the ability to quickly absorb new technical concepts and think critically about them. You are a deep-tech and innovation enthusiast, able to talk about a wide range of technologies and scientific concepts. .
* Exhibit a positive and enthusiastic attitude; thrive working in a fast-paced and fluid environment and can work under tight deadlines with a can-do attitude.
* Completion of a master's degree preferred
* Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
* Thrive in a collaborative Arlington, VA based office environment, this is not a remote working position.