ERM is seeking a hands-on Senior Consultant, Environmental Planner in our Portland OR, Seattle WA, or Livingston MT office to support and grow the domestic Impact Assessment (IA) service area . In this role, you will focus on managing and supporting permitting, regulatory compliance, and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) projects for energy clients based primarily in the western US. This is an excellent opportunity for a career professional to join a growing and exciting technical team, as you build a rewarding career path with a global environmental leader.
* Serve as Project Manager for environmental permitting and compliance associated with development projects including power generation, electrical transmission, and renewable energy projects, with an emphasis on NEPA, Clean Water Act Sections 401/404, Endangered Species Act, and equivalent state/local regulations.
* Direct and monitor project management activities, including task delegation and direction, subcontractor management, health & safety protocol management, monitoring of commercial performance, deliverable quality review, and interaction with clients.
* Contribute to preparing impact assessment deliverables, serving in roles ranging from lead technical expert to quality review. Perform project delivery activities such as report writing, undertaking and organizing data collection and survey field work, data and literature review, and development of recommendations for clients.
* Prepare technical proposals and participate in business development with existing clients and identified leads. Maintain client relationships that generate repeat business.
* Collaborate with other ERM IA practitioners from multiple offices around the organization to execute impact assessment projects including environmental impact assessment, land planning, facility siting & permitting, risk assessment and water resources management.
* Mentor junior and mid-level consulting staff to develop their skill sets in the IA service area.
* Bachelors and/or Masters degree in environmental science/engineering, biology/ecology, planning, or similar field.
* 6 to 10 years of impact assessment and environmental permitting experience, including consulting experience. Experience developing and executing corporate IA systems and strategies, preparing regulatory compliance documents for federal and/or state agencies, and providing strategic-level IA support preferred.
* Demonstrated technical skills in wildlife and/or ecological surveys (e.g., wildlife surveys, wetland delineations) desired.
* Certification (e.g., PWS, WPIT, CWB) desired, but not required.
* Demonstrated leadership ability to build, coach, and mentor collaborative teams.
* High degree of technical competence and broad knowledge of impact assessment best practices, with a solid grasp of the key impact assessment and management issues within the energy sector.
* Positive reputation with key regulators relevant to impact assessment approvals.
* Solid experience building and sustaining relationships with clients.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills; experience writing comprehensive technical reports and standards. Strong presentation skills for client meetings and other events.
* Ability to succeed in a fast-paced consulting environment, handling multiple project assignments, meeting strict deadlines, and traveling to client facilities as needed.
Who We Are:
As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the world's leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations.
At ERM we know that creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment is an essential part of making our company a great place to build a career. We also see our diversity as a strength that helps us create better solutions for our clients. Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our "boots to boardroom" approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!