To restore cell health and resilience through cellular rejuvenation programming to reverse disease, injury, and the disabilities that can occur throughout life.
For more information, see our website at altoslabs.com.
Diversity at Altos
We believe that diverse perspectives are foundational to scientific innovation and inquiry.
We are building a company where exceptional scientists and industry leaders from around the world work side by side to advance a shared mission.
Our intentional focus is on Belonging, so that all employees know that they are valued for their unique perspectives.
At Altos, we are all accountable for sustaining a diverse and inclusive environment.
What You Will Contribute To Altos
The Altos Computer-Aided Reprogramming group works at the complex interface between mathematics, physics, computer science and bioengineering, with the aim of establishing design principles of reprogramming for rejuvenated cells. Responsibilities include:
* Developing research programs on partial cellular reprogramming, with the intent of closing the feedback loop between experimental and theoretical work, at multiple scales, from molecules to cells, tissues and even whole organisms.
* Working at the interface between mathematical and computational models, and AI methods, with the aim of establishing design principles of rejuvenated cells.
* Collaborating with both experimental and computational scientists across Altos.
* Supervising and training junior and mid-career scientists in the group.
Who You Are
This position can be filled at the Scientist, Senior Scientist or Principal Scientist level, depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
* PhD in Physics, Mathematics, Bioengineering or related discipline.
* 5+ years of experience in the application of mathematics and physics to problems of biological interest.
* Experience using dynamical systems, control theory or other theoretical frameworks to model biological systems.
* Demonstrated experience with advanced data driven modeling tools (including neural networks, autoencoders or generative models).
* Expertise and a track record of using methods from artificial intelligence for biological design.
* Record of applications of dynamical systems to problems of synthetic biology.
* Record of applications of data driven modeling methods and AI to synthetic biology.
Job ID 371
What We Want You To Know
We are a culture of collaboration and scientific freedom, and we believe in the values of diversity, inclusion and belonging to inspire innovation.
Altos Labs provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Altos currently requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to legally required exemptions (e.g., due to a medical condition or sincerely-held religious belief).
Thank you for your interest in Altos Labs where we strive for a culture of Scientific Freedom, Learning, and Belonging.
Note: Altos Labs will not ask you to download a messaging app for an interview or outlay your own money to get started as an employee. If this sounds like your interaction with people claiming to be with Altos, it is not legitimate and has nothing to do with Altos. Learn more about a common job scam at https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-spot-avoid-online-job-scams-biron-clark/