ERM is seeking a motivated and dynamic Climate Change Project Manager to join our team. In this role, you will contribute to the development and growth of ERM's climate change business. In this client facing role, you will primarily focus on leading support staff to deliver high-quality client work and grow the business. Typical client engagements include Financial Disclosure (TCFD) scenario analysis, target setting, greenhouse gas (GHG) inventory development, and TCFD/CDP disclosures.
The ideal candidate will have broad experience and subject matter expertise in corporate climate change, project management, and business development. She/he will have a proven record of helping clients design, deliver, and/or realize climate implementation programs. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced professional looking to play a key role working with an expert consulting team on interesting climate advisory projects for Fortune 500 and privately held clients.
She/he will be able to work with and provide direction to a first-class delivery team. She/he will be a business builder, able to identify opportunities to help solve clients' climate challenges.
ERM has enduring values, which are fundamental to our business conduct. We are passionate about our people, their safety, well-being and development. ERM employees take accountability, are client focused, and collaborate with colleagues across geographies. If you share our values and are motivated by opportunities to shape climate advisory to make a real impact to our client's businesses, ERM is the right place for you.
Key duties will be to lead climate advisory projects, lead business development activities in our Climate advisory service area, and develop support staff to enable ERM to make a significant and measurable change in moving companies toward climate-aligned business models.
* Demonstrates expertise relating to our core service areas of climate advisory.
* Builds strong and trusted relationships with clients and/or business partners.
* Thinks strategically to influence decision-makers and outcomes.
* Distills complexity from detail to effectively coach colleagues to deliver high-quality outputs.
* Mentor consultants in the proper planning and execution of projects, and in directing or conducting independent technical reviews of deliverables.
* Assist in developing practical and measurable sustainability and climate change programs including vision, targets, metrics, data collection, GHG and environmental inventory development and verification.
* Collect, manipulate, and analyze large datasets to frame technical climate topics for a range of audiences.
* Analyze physical and transitional climate risks in alignment with the TCFD framework.
* Support clients responding to the DJSI, CDP Climate Change, Water, and Forest Questionnaires, and other public disclosures.
* Conduct desk-based research and synthesize information into key themes to develop conclusions and clearly communicate written recommendations.
* Stay knowledgeable of trends in the field.
* Makes a significant contribution to achieving sales target by supporting account management teams and business unit.
* The successful candidate will be accountable for meeting personal billability at a budgeted rate, personal sales contribution targets, and other relevant targets.
* Collaborate with our Sustainability Strategy & Disclosure services, Digital Services, and other practice areas to provide integrated solutions to our clients.
Key Skills & Competencies:
* BA/BS degree in environmental, economics, finance, or related field; Or 8+ years of related experience in lieu of degree.
* Master's degree preferred.
* 5 + years of experience in GHG accounting, lifecycle assessments, and data driven experience.
* Interest in a career in consulting and demonstrates a passion for serving clients.
* Experience with line management and/or contributing to the professional development of other teammates.
* Structured and effective communicator who can shape and deliver messages to executives and facilitate effective client engagements.
* Experience working with rapidly evolving climate standards to drive technical excellence.
* Ability to think critically through systems and processes.
* Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, travel, and work independently.
Who We Are:
As the world's leading sustainability consulting firm, ERM is uniquely positioned to contribute to the environment and society through the expertise and energy of our employees worldwide. Sustainability is what we do, and is at the heart of both our service offerings and how we operate our business. ERM and our partners are driven by a dynamic vision: By 2021 we will be the clear leader in our chosen markets, we will double in value and we will deliver on our promises to our clients, our people and our investors. For our people, our vision means attracting, inspiring, developing and rewarding our people to work with the best clients and on the biggest challenges, thus creating valuable careers. We achieve our vision in a sustainable manner by maintaining and living our ERM values that include Accountability, Caring for our People, Client Focus, Collaboration, Empowerment, and Transparency.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter.
Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes.
Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM.