About Pledge Therapeutics
Pledge is an exciting new company launched by experienced scientists and successful biotech veteran entrepreneurs. We are developing multiple, first-in-class, small molecule medicines against challenging drug targets across various disease areas, including viral and immune diseases.
Our efforts have given rise to a constellation of exciting discoveries, spanning early drug hits to preclinical candidates. Our success is based on the rapid translation of clinical and disease insights into target identification and developing novel drug molecules. At the core of our effort is the integration of structural and biophysical knowledge of disease targets to accelerate the pace and success of drug development. We pride ourselves on working with the brightest researchers and partnering with leading drug development teams across the globe to realize our mission of improving patients' lives.
Job Description: Senior Scientist-Biochemist or Cell Biologist
We seek an enthusiastic, driven and creative scientist capable of solving the challenges associated with drug discovery. The successful candidate will work with an international and multidisciplinary team of scientists engaging different research arms of the company, including protein production, assay development and cellular biology for drug screening.
The ideal candidate will have exposure to drug discovery and experience with designing, validating and implementing processes for routine screening of small molecules. The candidate will have exceptional communication skills, superior technical skills, and exemplary attention to detail. This position will have the opportunity to become part of a dynamic, interdisciplinary R&D team and make significant scientific contributions to numerous drug discovery projects. There will be substantial opportunities to grow with the company.
* Develops cell-based or/and in-vitro assays for drug screening
* Designs and performs mechanism of action assays working closely with senior colleagues
* Optimizes Assay development for HTS campaigns and performs comprehensive data analysis
* Plans, executes and delivers screening workflows that ensure rapid and accurate data turnaround
* Assist colleagues in developing and optimizing new protocols while mentoring junior staff and establishing good scientific practices
* Provides scientific, technical and strategic input to ensure liquid handlers and robotics are working and meeting the business needs
* Actively participates in group meetings to expose ongoing research and develop action plans
Education and Experience :
* Degree PhD in Biology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Bioengineering or related area with a strong publication record and a minimum of 2-3 years of post-doctoral experience
* Experience with HighThroughput Compound Screening desired
* Preference will be given to candidates with prior Industry/start-up experience
* A proven track record in the field of virology and/or immunology is desired
* Organized with a strong work ethic and the ability to juggle different tasks and projects and move them according to strict timelines
* Energetic with good people skills, able to drive a team of junior scientists
* Fluent in English
If you are ready to contribute to innovative research projects and be part of a growing company that is tackling some of the most pressing healthcare issues in modern medicine, please send us your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org