Climate Change Advisor
The Energy and Security Group (ESG) is looking to hire a qualified Climate Change Advisor with international experience. The Climate Change Advisor will be responsible for leading efforts to incorporate climate change prevention and mitigation and sustainability activities across all ESG international development projects. To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter. Applications missing a cover letter will not be considered. Work will be performed at the ESG office in Reston, VA
• Guide the management, execution, and delivery of all climate change-related activities in ESG development projects.
• Coordinate with other ESG principals to develop and maintain ESG's long-term climate change strategy and incorporate climate change prevention and mitigation activities in ESG's development projects.
• Assist international stakeholders to develop and implement policies, reforms, regulations, processes, and technologies that prevent or mitigate climate change impacts.
• Develop climate action plans that describe projected climate impacts, quantify current and future greenhouse gas emissions, and identify strategies to build resiliency and reduce emissions.
• Conduct climate assessments and develop adaptation strategies for urban and/or rural areas.
• Master's degree in Environmental Science, Economics, Public Policy, Sustainable Development, Engineering, or other areas related to climate science.
• 10 or more years of experience leading, designing, or evaluating climate resilience, sustainability, and/or climate finance-focused projects in developing countries.
• Ability to travel periodically to developing countries for trips lasting up to four weeks.
• Experience managing teams and collaborating with colleagues on multiple projects across multiple time zones.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively convey complex climate change topics to expert and layperson audiences.
• Experience working with senior government officials, international energy and scientific organizations (such as IRENA and UNFCCC), and government/multilateral donors (such as USAID, WB, ADB) officials.
• Experience in South Asia, South-East Asia, or the Pacific is a plus.
ESG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and celebrates diversity in our work force. ESG does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other protected status under applicable law.