Female owned and operated, Developlus was founded in 1991 and has since evolved into a beauty industry leader in hair color and formula development. Three generations work to ensure that every product, manufactured on-site in its Southern California facility, meets exacting standards with an intense focus on environmental sustainability. Developlus has always valued the importance of inclusion and diversity within the workplace, empowering everyday women to be themselves while declaring their independence and individuality through hair color.
ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH AND SAFETY MANAGER
The Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Manager at Developlus, Inc will drive a safe and environmentally responsible culture through training and coaching, program administration, and being the primary safety & environmental resource. Focus of efforts is creating and maintaining an injury free and regulatory compliant workplace.
As the EHS resource for the organization, lead change through others by developing and supporting relationships with all departmental managers and their respective departments. Delivering safety & environmental training, compliance, and guidance to each department is critical.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Ensure the implementation of and conformance with Developlus, Inc. written EHS programs and policies company wide. Review and modify programs annually to ensure regulatory compliance and relevance.
* Develop and coordinate training, coaching, and participation in safety events
* Support and lead, as required, incident investigations, root cause analysis and corrective action development for workplace injuries. Support site safety committees and environmental teams through participation and driving closure of identified non-conforming and unsafe/ environmental conditions/practices.
* Develop (as required) and deliver annual compliance training, managing all EHS initiatives, training, and program certification training (where required)
* Perform ongoing program specific auditing to drive EHS, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and any other government agency compliance sustainability. Audit overall operations EHS audits to verify validity of site self-audits. Drive corrective action execution through oversight and as a resource.
* Maintain injury and illness data weekly for assigned departments and assist in organizing and delivering data reporting as required. Analyze safety and environmental performance for trends and issues to be used in continuous EHS improvement.
* Oversee and manage projects relating to safety and environmental improvements. Work with all department managers and operations to improve safety and environmental effects of departmental processes.
* Provide direction to location in the event of regulatory inspection or visit and report findings to Leadership Team.
* Continuously remain current with safety and environmental regulations and requirements through education, relationships with local regulators, and reading relevant journals, websites, and Federal, State and local regulatory documents.
* Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to define problems,
* Collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions in controlled situations
* Apply and interpret graphs and other nonverbal symbolisms
* Deal with many variables and determine a specific course of action based on need
* Ability to prioritize
Manage the EHS Associates
* A bachelor's degree and or 5+years' experience in EHS, Industrial Safety, Environmental Management or Risk Management.
* Knowledge of general safety and environmental requirements in a multi-location production and operations setting is desirable.
* Computer competency in Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
* Firs Aid CPR Certified
* Hazardous Waste Training Certificate or acquire within 3 months of hire
* Safety/environmental certifications are preferred.
* Good written and oral communications, persuasion, and negotiation skills.
* Basic math
* Interpersonal skills including diplomacy and patience, and the ability to teach/explain abstract as well as concrete ideas to others.
* Maintain compliance, training, and staying abreast of evolving regulatory requirements.
* The individual will be responsible for monitoring and improving the efficiency, safety, environmental and process safety compliance of our manufacturing processes through observation and collection/management of data.
* The position requires a motivated/hands-on individual who can interact effectively with all company departments as well as external organizations/agencies.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works in a manufacturing environment with some machine noises, and industrial odors. This position is sometimes sedentary and may require repetitive hand movement, standing, walking, bending, and filing of paperwork throughout the workday. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to work in front of a computer monitor for extended periods of the day.
This position operates in a professional office and manufacturing environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, scanning machines etc.