Associate Director / Director, Biology
Nested Therapeutics. Cambridge, MA
We are a Cambridge-based VC-backed biotech focused on discovering and developing the next generation of small molecule precision medicines. We are advancing drug discovery programs based on a platform that combines insights in cancer genomics, structural biophysics and chemical biology. Our lead programs target novel and differentiated mechanisms for pathways comprising the heartland of cancer research, and we are developing our platform to establish a robust target discovery engine.
We are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic scientific leader with expertise in cancer biology and translational research to advance unique anti-cancer compounds to the clinic for the treatment of biomarker-based patient populations. The candidate will co-lead drug discovery projects and define strategies to validate therapeutic and chemical biology hypotheses. The role will involve significant interaction and collaboration across functions within the company and with external partners.
* Serve as team leader for emerging and ongoing projects in our pipeline and platform.
* Independently innovate and execute cell-based and in vivo strategies, including characterizing mechanism of action, target biology, and develop downstream translational / clinical path.
* Work closely with other discovery functions as a part of a fast-paced and collaborative team.
* Develop relationships and research collaborations with key opinion leaders.
* Establish and maintain scientific presence by external presentations and publications.
* Interpret, present and report research findings to internal and external stakeholders.
* Manage and direct the activities of other research scientists.
* PhD in Biology or other relevant discipline
* 5-8+ years' experience in a biotech/pharma research and drug discovery
* Significant knowledge of cancer biology and experience in small molecule cancer drug discovery
* Strong technical foundation, including assay development, cell-based genetic engineering (RNAi, CRISPR, lentiviral overexpression), flow cytometry, and molecular biology
* Proven track record for striving for high level of innovation and scientific excellence
* Excellent interpersonal skills and record of energizing teams
* Flexibility to accommodate to rapidly changing priorities and deadlines
* Ability to work in a team-based environment
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
Interested Candidates should forward a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org