The Director of Strategy and Corporate Development is a key contributor to the growth strategy and business development of American Foods Group. Working closely with the EVP Corporate Development, and with the AFG Strategic Leadership Team. The position researches, analyzes, evaluates and presents new opportunities for company growth and supports the organic and inorganic growth projects launched by the company. The position uses strategic, analytic and project management skills to direct multiple projects in parallel, providing critical information to the Strategic Leadership Team and other stakeholders. The position supports the EVP Corporate Development in maintaining business relationships with existing and potential strategic customers, broader business leaders, private equity firms, investment bankers, brokers, and consultants to keep abreast of industry activities and to identify key opportunities.
Growth Strategy Development
* As a key supporting member of the Strategic Leadership Team and Corporate Development Function, provides insight and analyses to influence and drive strategic decisions that identify organic and inorganic growth opportunities for the company.
* Develops growth targets - organic, extensions, acquisitions, and strategic partnerships that align with AFG strategy.
* Demonstrates an ability to "bring to life" compelling business cases which represent strong value propositions for the company. Synthesize findings, insights, and recommendations in a compelling manner to generate appropriate strategic dialogue and discussion amongst stakeholders
* Anticipates market trends, competitive activities, and customer's strategies to identify and scope opportunities and evaluate possible risks.
* Constantly monitors market and competition activities and provides feedback to leadership and other functional areas as appropriate.
* Maintains industry knowledge by continual participation in educational opportunities, monitoring publications, maintaining personal networks, participation in professional organizations, industry associations and trade show meetings.
Strategy Planning, Development, and Execution
* Formulates and supports high level strategies with business leaders in support of business growth objectives and long-term investment decisions.
* Creates ad-hoc analyses to drive business strategy, improve efficiency, and maximize ROI.
* Translates strategies into actionable plans using project management skills and tools.
* Continually assesses internal and external environments to support Company decision making.
* Leads ongoing refinement and evaluation of existing and new business performance, culture, communication, data reporting, and other strategic issues.
* Oversees and drives end-to-end problem-solving within projects, including leveraging analyses and insights produced by research and business inputs.
Key Customer Development
* Collaborates with the EVP of Corporate Development and the AFG's sales and marketing teams to implement AFG's strategies to drive customer growth and development.
* Supports key customer relationships to ensure AFG is perceived as a key partner capable of solving customer needs.
* Provides oversight of strategic customer relationships and when appropriate accompanies sales leadership on calls, aiding in the targeting of opportunities that can be converted into innovative and profitable new business.
* Supports project teams within the company to successfully go to market with new product categories.
Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Alliances
* Evaluates potential business opportunities including conducting market research, financial and other analysis and diligence, and communicating recommendations to the EVP Corporate Development and Strategic Leadership Team.
* Supports cross-functional teams to evaluate and execute strategic transactions to meet the company's growth strategy. Transactions could include mergers, acquisitions, investments, joint ventures, and other strategic partnerships.
* In conjunction with Finance, develops detailed business cases including financial budgets and models, revenue forecast projections, EBITDA projections, financing options, and participates in recommendations to the executive team and Board of Directors.
* Supports possible transactions from the beginning investigation to the due diligence process, to the negotiation and final legal and government reviews, to the closing and finally to managing of integration into the business.
* Provide support to business units in post-acquisition integration, ongoing strategy assessment, development, and execution.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
* Must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
* Bachelor's Degree in business, strategy, marketing or other relevant field.
* 7-10 years corporate strategy, corporate development, or strategic consulting experience.
* Willingness to relocate and work in an office environment in Green Bay, WI.
* Must be willing and able to travel up to 30% of the time.
* MBA or other relevant graduate education.
* Exposure to animal protein processing, food, and agriculture markets and/or other commodity markets.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Strong sense of curiosity, persistence, and outgoing nature.
* Demonstrated success in supporting corporate development initiatives and strategic growth projects including organic and inorganic growth, B2B sales, customer/supplier partnerships, and/or strategic planning processes.
* Demonstrated success in researching, analyzing and synthesizing information to draw accurate, logical, and actionable conclusions.
* Experience with using, developing, and leveraging software technologies.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to take on supervisory responsibility as the role develops.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, desk phones and smartphones. The position will also be required to regularly visit production facility work environments.
American Foods Group, LLC is a privately held beef processing company headquartered in Green Bay, WI. As the 5th largest beef processing company in the U.S. we employ over 4,500 employees, ship over 5 million pounds of beef every day and export to countries around the globe. We appreciate our employees and reward them for a job well done. American Foods Group, a "hire to retire" type of company.
What we offer:
* Competitive total compensation package for you and your family.
* Excellent benefit plan. Benefits include: Health and Wellness Clinic, Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Flex Spending Accounts, Voluntary Benefits, PTO, 401k, Long & Short Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Discount Meat Purchase Program, and more!
Check Out the Green Bay, WI Area!
Improve your quality of life by residing in Green Bay, Wisconsin, a stunning Wisconsin city on the bay of Lake Michigan. Green Bay is known around the world for contributions to industry and agriculture, the smallest city to host a National Football League team known as the Green Bay Packers, and the area boasts a progressive atmosphere from industrial parks to shopping districts.
The area also offers:
* Arts and culture including exceptional performing arts facilities, museums and visual art galleries
* Family fun such as the NEW Zoo, Bay Beach Wildlife Sanctuary, and the Bay Beach Amusement Park
* Tours of the finest wineries & breweries, the Packers Hall of Fame, and more
Try to convince us that there is a better place to live and work other than American Foods Group, LLC in Green Bay, Wisconsin!
Refer a Friend
Share on your newsfeed
Notice to Search Firms: We are not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. We will not pay any placement, referral or other fees to any search firms unless we have agreed otherwise in a valid, written agreement for the specific position posted and signed by an authorized representative of American Foods Group.
American Foods Group, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Learn more: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement. Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact Human Resources at the location(s) where you are applying. American Foods Group, LLC will not discriminate against applicants who inquire about, disclose or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. Learn more: Pay Transparency. American Foods Group, LLC participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more: E-Verify