Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) Specialist
Full-time, SF Bay Area or Remote
About Planet FWD
Planet FWD is on a mission to help address climate change by making it easier to bring climate-friendly products to market. Our work is grounded in rigorous science and data, and starts with product life cycle assessments and corporate greenhouse gas inventories using our proprietary software platform, tools and databases. We then guide companies through the process of reducing the climate impacts of their products and operations, and finally help them offset their unavoidable emissions.
We believe that together we have the power to tackle climate change. You'll have the opportunity to build relationships with our small and highly passionate team. When working remotely, we have a daily team check-in and biweekly happy half hour where we celebrate team members for embodying our core values in their work. Our core values are: grace, integrity, equity, courage, commitment, clarity, judgment, and catalytic creativity. A summary of our company culture can be found here.
You are passionate about using technology to tackle climate change and are excited about being part of the solution. You are an experienced Life Cycle Analyst (LCA) seeking a challenging and significant role in a fast-paced start-up environment where you are a key player in the execution of customer projects involving product LCAs, corporate GHG inventories, emission reduction strategies and carbon offsetting.
Role & Responsibilities
* Execute product LCAs and corporate GHG inventories for Planet FWD customers using our software tools and platform.
* Conduct peer reviews of LCAs and GHG inventories done by team members to ensure quality and standards compliance (ISO, GHGP).
* Help expand our internal LCA databases and libraries by conducting data research and LCA modeling of processed ingredients and materials to customer specifications.
* Identify and quantify opportunities for emissions reductions at both product and company levels.
* Support customer needs through clear technical communication, contribution to technical review of reports
* Support technical evaluations of carbon credits and offsets provided by third parties.
* Collaborate with other team members to drive continuous improvement of our product and processes.
* Contribute to the knowledge base by writing articles or blog posts on performed research
What you will bring
* Direct running standards-based product LCAs - food/beverage experience ideal!
* Experience with standards-based corporate GHG inventories
* Foundational knowledge of LCA and GHG accounting concepts and methodologies, including: allocation, data quality and modeling uncertainty.
* Understanding of major standards including the GHG Protocol product and corporate standards, ISO 14040 and 14044
* Excellent organizational, technical communication and collaboration skills
* BS/MS in environmental engineering, chemical engineering, materials science, climate science or related field with 2-4 years of industry experience. PhD with significant LCA-oriented research will be considered in lieu of industry experience
* Understanding of agricultural GHG emissions, food processing emissions and modeling considerations is a plus!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org