IPL is a global leading sustainable packaging solutions provider that manufactures specialty rigid packaging products used in the food, consumer, agricultural, logistics and environmental markets. We shape the future of plastics packaging. We invest in protecting our people, developing future talent, and enabling greater engagement with our local communities. We partner with global brands, protecting their products, and delivering custom solutions quickly.
The Safety Department is looking to fill the role of EHS Coordinator in their Lee's Summit, Missouri facility. Reporting to the Plant Director, with a dotted line to the Division EHS Director, the EHS Coordinator will play a key role in supporting new safety and environmental programs as well as supporting already established ones. This is a great opportunity for a motivated individual to be involved with the day-to-day plant safety needs as well as gain exposure to Missouri Workers Compensation, OSHA, environmental programs aligned with MDNR, and other facets of safety.
The Lee's Summit facility is one of the primary manufacturing sites for producing customized thin-wall injection molded containers, lids, overcaps and custom packaging solutions for branded and private label food and consumer product companies all over the world. IPL is the trusted innovation partner to some of the biggest brands in the world and by working closely with customers to design and develop the right solution, millions of people around the world use our products every day.
Position Title: EHS Coordinator
Location: Lee's Summit, Missouri
What you will bring to the role:
A positive, can-do-attitude, with a proactive approach who will collaborate with the leadership team and team members to promote a culture of safe working practices across the facility.
Essential experience and skills:
* Degree in Occupational Health and Safety, related field, or equivalent experience
* 1-3 years of proven work experience, specifically experience in a manufacturing environment
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
* Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality, sensitivity, and discretion
The successful candidate will:
* Conduct regular site safety audits and serve as part of the lead team for 3rd party safety audits
* Maintain current knowledge relating to the EHS&S field and keep the site informed of changes to OSHA, NFPA, MDNR, and other regulations or standard updates
* Investigate and report all incidents to include injuries, near-miss, and first aids, property damage, and fire starts, conduct root cause analysis and take action to prevent future incidents.
* Compile and report site KPI's as required to local and divisional management
* Maintain OSHA 300 Log, records, and other related information as required
* Communication with Occupational Health provider and assist in managing injury claims
* Support and participate local and divisional safety committees
* Communicate and oversee safety incentive programs
* Prepare and deliver safety related training
* Ensure compliance with company policies and applicable laws and regulations
* Possess a willingness to assist team members with other projects and take on additional responsibilities as necessary