This is a hand's on, bench-oriented position within the R&D team. Primary focus areas include the experimental design, biological evaluation and characterization of proprietary glycosaminoglycan conjugates and small molecules. The candidate must have a strong background in biology, molecular biology, and/or pharmacology or related fields and be able to work in a fast paced, team-oriented environment.
• Perform ex vivo and in vivo studies for performance evaluation of novel small molecules and biopolymer conjugates.
• Establish biological endpoints and bioanalytical techniques to characterize lead molecules and Fount Bio's pipeline products through discovery and development phases.
• Assist R&D team in bio-conjugation, chemical synthesis, and characterization efforts.
• Ability and willingness to learn new techniques and apply these skills to emerging projects.
• Investigate, create, and develop new methods and technologies for project advancement.
• Prepare technical reports, summaries, protocols, and qualitative/quantitative analyses for senior leadership.
• Strategize with senior R&D team members on research strategy.
• May have to manage research associates assisting in product development efforts.
• Maintains high level of professional expertise through familiarity with scientific literature.
• Ideal candidate also displays strong teamwork and interpersonal skills, excellent written and oral communication skills and excellent IT skills
• Ph. D. in Biology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Molecular Biology, Bioengineering or related field.
• Laboratory experience in fluorescence microscopy, histology, immunohistochemistry, ex vivo studies, in vivo studies, bioanalytical assays/techniques, and method development.
• Experience in bioengineering, pharmacokinetics and/or biocompatibility/toxicology studies is a plus.
• Prior industry experience in a relevant field is a plus.
• The successful candidate will possess strong communication, team and time management skills as well possess a detail-oriented approach to laboratory work.