Vice President / Senior Director, Structural Biology, Crystallography and Biophysics
Location: Cambridge MA
Nested Therapeutics is a Cambridge-based VC-backed biotech focused on discovering and developing next generation precision oncology small molecule medicines. We have a unique approach in characterizing the mechanisms of cryptic mutation clusters in cancer and are advancing drug discovery programs based on a platform that combines insights from genomics, structural biophysics and unique chemical biology. This position will play a critical role in driving Nested's portfolio forward. We are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic scientific leader with broad experience in structural biology, biophysics and protein sciences, and a strong track record of scientific mentoring and contributions to multidisciplinary drug discovery teams.
· Contribute to R&D strategy and decision-making as part of the scientific leadership team.
· Oversee establishment of state-of-the-art structural biology, biophysical and protein science capabilities, including crystallography, Cryo-EM and NMR.
· Diving into uncharted territories and novel targeting modalities to tackle challenging targets via allosteric binding mechanisms.
· Serve as a subject matter expert and partner with chemistry, biology and data sciences to drive drug discovery programs at all stages (early target validation, hit-finding, hit-to-lead evaluation, lead optimization, and candidate delivery).
· Effectively communicate status of projects and results to internal and external stakeholders.
Desired Skills and Experience
· PhD in Structural biology, biophysics, biochemistry or related discipline.
· 10+ years of experience in biotech/pharma industry with an explicit track record of impacting all stages of the drug discovery process through structural and biophysical experimentation.
· Experience in building and managing a team of scientists with diverse levels of experience.
· Experience in a wide array of biophysical assay development approaches, including crystallography, Cryo-EM, NMR, SPR, ITC, DSF, etc.
· General knowledge of signaling pathways and regulation of gene expression.
· Experience in collaborating and directing out-sourced CRO activities.
· Strong written and oral communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively on multidisciplinary teams.
· Keen desire to grow and develop the careers of team members.
Interested Candidates should forward a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Nested Therapeutics is a biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing novel, targeted,small molecule precision medicine therapies for patients with cancer by using mutation clusters to identify druggable pockets. With a platform that utilizes insights from genomics, computational chemistry, proteomics, and AI, Nested is working to reach untapped mutations with the potential to improve outcomes for millions of patients. To learn more, visit www.nestedtx.com.