Seeker Biologics is a Series A financed, top-tier VC backed company, created within 5AM Ventures' 4:59 Initiative. Our growing and friendly team is located in Boston, within the vibrant Seaport District. We're building a therapeutic discovery engine to support our pipeline of next generation cell-targeted biologics for the treatment of autoimmune, allergic, and other inflammatory diseases.
Scientist, Biology - Program 2
Seeker Biologics is looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic experienced Associate Scientist with a BS/MS or a Scientist with PhD (recent PhDs are welcome to apply if you meet the requirements outlined below) to join our Immunology team. This position is a lab-based role and will work closely with colleagues in immunology and the biologics platform team to support Seeker's pre-clinical programs through the design, execution, and interpretation of in vitro and ex vivo assays. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a rapidly growing, highly collegial team in a fast-paced and dynamic research environment.
* Design, develop, qualify, and perform assays, analyze data with the appropriate statistical analyses to support target and drug selection, and follow up validation studies
* Carry out mammalian cell culture
* Maintain accurate electronic experimental records
* Interpret and communicate experimental results to internal and external stakeholders in a clear and scientifically rigorous fashion
* BS/MS (Associate Scientist) with 3+ years of experience or PhD (Scientist) in immunology, molecular/cell biology, biomedical sciences, or a related discipline
* Experience with mammalian tissue culture and in vitro cell-based assays
* Experience with proteomic and molecular biology methods (e.g. ELISA, RNA isolation)
* Attention to detail, documentation of data, and effective communication of results.
* Enjoys working in a fast-paced, team-oriented, multidisciplinary environment.
* Highly motivated strong team player.
* Possession of strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to clearly convey results and scientific data to manager and senior leaders of the organization
* Ability to work collaboratively and thrive in the fast paced and changing environment of a small biotech.
* Strong background in immunology and/or fibrosis biology
* Experience with multicellular organoid cultures
* Experience with immune cell isolation and differentiation
· Experience with multi-color flow cytometry, and gene expression profiling
* Special consideration will be given to candidates with extensive expertise in medium/high throughput screening and complex assay development in a biotech or pharma setting