At Milk Specialties Global , our focus is to create high-quality ingredients designed to optimize health and nutrition. We are passionate and dedicated people. Each day, we collectively explore new, innovative ways to enhance product performance and value through our broad human and animal nutrition portfolios. We offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as a healthy 401(k) company match program.
The Environmental, Health & Safety Manager has the responsibility for managing the Environmental, Health & Safety programs at the assigned facilities in Norfolk, NE and Jerome, ID.
* Monitor and assist the facility with compliance of all applicable company environmental, safety and health standards as well as all federal, state and local regulations.
* Develop compliance plans for air and water permits. Manage WPDES permits.
* Oversee and maintain compliance with PSM programs in cooperation with site managers including engineers, maintenance supervisor, plant manager and production manager. Work cooperatively with outside consultants.
* Develop and maintain company environmental, health and safety programs at the facility.
* Work with the highest ethical standard for legal compliance and demonstrate a true passion for employee safety.
* Manage plant safety, health and loss prevention programs. Develop policies and procedures to ensure that occupational safety and health standards are maintained throughout the facility. Utilize IH equipment to determine employ's exposures to noise and air contaminants. Perform fit-testing for respirator users.
* Maintain all required environmental, health & safety program records and legal documents.
* Regularly inspect plant for unsafe conditions as they relate to equipment, process, and facility.
* Actively participate with the plant management team to develop corrective actions for identified risks. Track corrective actions to completion in accordance with the facility corrective action tracking program.
* Professionally train, counsel and advise personnel on all identified safety risks, and establish a proactive approach to providing a safe working environment for everyone at the plant.
* Conduct new employee EHS orientations. Lead and oversee the monthly EHS training program.
* Schedule and assist the plant with having monthly safety committee meetings.
* In cooperation with area managers and first-line supervisors investigate all injuries, environmental releases and serious near misses.
* Immediately report all injuries, environmental releases and serious near misses to the Plant Manager. Submit a written notification of all injuries, environmental releases, and serious near misses to the corporate EHS department using the RCI reporting program.
* Complete a first report of injury with Workers Compensation Carrier if required for a workplace injury. Monitor return to work instructions given by health care provider and advise area managers and supervisors on appropriate return-to-work activities. Manage all site workers compensation claims.
* Under the direction of the Corporate Director of EHS, participate in special assignments as they relate to corporate EHS audits, new facility pre-startup safety reviews, and EHS training programs.
* Actively participate in all safety activities taking place at the facility including safety observations, inspections, training, audits, and incident investigations. Lead the site Safety Committee. Lead the site Safety/GMP audit team; comprised of QA, maintenance and production.
* Develop working relationships with outside regulators including fire, police, wastewater, and WDNR officials.
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Environmental, Health, and Occupational Safety or related field
* ASP, CSP, CIH or other related certificates preferred
* 5-7 years' work experience in a manufacturing setting working with environmental, health and safety programs.
* Exceptional interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
* Strong knowledge of computer software applications
* Knowledge of OSHA, EPA, and DNR regulations