My client is a Publicly Traded $Billion dollar plus Global leader in Industrial Products for diverse applications, they strive to offer their customers unrivalled levels of service and to exceed their customers' expectations 100% of the time. With a HQ located in North America, manufacturing, assembly, sales/service facilities worldwide, and customers in over 100 countries, their vision is to help their customers to meet and exceed their goals. As a result of their strategic positioning in the markets they serve, they continue to see growth throughout their business. They are currently looking for an ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH & SAFETY MANAGER (EHS) at a key Plant in Kansas.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Responsible for the development and implementation of environmental health and safety programs for the TN facility. Maintain compliance with Federal, State, Local and Corporate regulatory requirements.
* Develops plant manufacturing procedures to maintain with EHS laws, rules, and regulations. Recommends course of action and develop procedures for compliance with new and revised laws, rules and regulations.
* Interpret and enforce facility compliance requirements for ISO 9000, ISO 14000 and OSHA VPP certification
* Submits required reports to regulatory agencies. Maintains all related records and documents. Interacts both verbally and in writing with required agencies.
* Facilitates risk assessments and drives accident reduction initiatives.
* Responsible for compliance with RCRA, CWA (includes site specific WWTP), CAA, EPA, OSHA, DOT (as it relates to hazardous waste management activities).
* Maintains current knowledge of regulations of EHS through attendance at workshops, seminars and the review of The Code of Federal Regulations and other literature as appropriate.
* Evaluates all new and existing pollution control equipment requirements. Develops specifications and recommends improvements and changes as required.
* Responsible for the necessary training required as part of the EHS/WC programs as well as new employee initial EHS training.
* Responsible for the necessary EHS monitoring and sampling as required for compliance with regulatory standards.
* Acts as plant liaison with the local community, regulatory agencies, and other outside agencies involving EPA or OSHA issues.
* Manages all aspects of workman's comp. investigations/ reports/ regulations.
* Bachelor of Science degree ideally gained in an EHS, Engineering or a Technology discipline.
* A minimum of five years' experience in managing Environmental Health and Safety Compliance in an Industrial/Manufacturing Environment.
* Experience will include maintaining a professional successful relationship with regulatory agencies and agency representatives. Demonstrated expertise in both knowledge and application of EPA, DOT, and OSHA regulations.
* Successful experience in preparing and submitting permits, compliance reports, and corporate reports.
* Experience of managing a small team including Environmental and Safety Engineers.
* Competency with standard office software, email, and time keeping systems. Knowledge of spreadsheets and tracking software.
* Ability to schedule and execute critical plans and responses in an exacting time urgent demanding environment. Must be able to prioritize and plan work activities and uses time efficiently. Independently identifies problems and irregularities, initiates and carries out corrective action.
* An excellent salary package plus bonus & benefits commensurate with experience is on offer for the right individual, as is relocation assistance.
* If you feel your experience matches the requirements listed and you want to work with a dynamic, forward thinking, growing organization, please email your up to date resume including your current salary package and suitability for the post to Excorian Global Search to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference EHS/EX/0313.