The Associate Microbiologist position is responsible for performing disinfection validation testing on reusable devices in support of New Product Development and EU MDR remediation. The Associate Microbiologist will also support data reporting for the In Vitro Testing and Disinfection Laboratory. This position will work individually and as part of a team to complete testing in a timely manner with a focus on excellent customer service.
* Responsible for disinfection testing.
* Accountable for specific test data and will train on specific lab tests related to disinfection validation testing.
* Responsible for data acquisition and reporting in Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
* Follows standard operating procedures and maintains technical knowledge of laboratory tasks.
* All other duties as assigned.
* BA/BS in biological or chemical science or equivalent is preferred.
* Years of Experience: 1+ years relevant experience in a clinical or medical device laboratory.
* Expertise in Aseptic Technique and working with microorganisms
* Expertise in Matrix Gemini LIMS system
* Experience operating within quality system requirements of regulations applicable to the medical device industry.
* Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
* Excellent written communication skills.
* Able to function independently as well as in a team environment.
* Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio, etc.)
* PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS: Physical capabilities to perform the job
* The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to use a computer and communicate with peers and co-workers.
* The employee must be able to lift 10 pounds per job requirement.
Pay: $20-$21.50 ***Compensation within this range will be commensurate with level of experience***