Dewpoint Therapeutics is building a highly collaborative team to harness the power of biomolecular condensates. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for an experienced neurobiologist with experience in developing small molecule therapeutics in a variety of neurological indications (common and rare diseases). The ideal candidate would have solid experience in designing and conducting preclinical pharmacology studies, leading preclinical/translational programs in the neurodegenerative and related areas of science, experienced in contributing to INDs and leading IND enabling stage of the preclinical programs. You will not only support the preclinical pharmacology efforts across neurology and rare disease indications, but also serve as a Program Leader and mentor emerging project leaders in the company.
In this position you'll be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This is a hybrid role, based at either our Boston or Dresden site. Dewpoint offers great benefits, competitive salary, and amazing perks.
In this role, you will...
* Be part of the project team and interface with PL/Biology lead/DA experts to design and conduct preclinical pharmacology studies (at CROs)
* Incorporate appropriate PK/PD and biomarker assessments as necessary at the appropriate stage of the program to enable IND and inform clinical development
* Serve as the Project lead of a cross-functional projects teams from the IND enabling stage and beyond
* Design and oversee the conduct of in vivo pharmacology studies as necessary to support the IND serving as the primary lead for IND enabling pharmacology package
* Work in collaboration with disease area experts (internal and external) as needed to generate/gather human translational evidence supporting clinical development of the drug program
* Work with internal and external collaborators when necessary for indication expansion, collaborate with team members to generate data needed from preclinical studies to inform clinical development
* Author appropriate sections of regulatory documents and review documents such as IND, IB, CSRs
* Provide input into appropriate sections of clinical protocol design, provide input clinical plan, and serve as member of clinical sub-team when needed
* Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, start up environment
To do that, you will need...
* A Ph.D. or MD/Ph.D. in neurobiology or related field of science.
* At least 10 years of experience in biotech/pharma industry supporting discovery/development stage programs in neurobiology or related areas of science.
* Experience in leading IND enabling stage cross-functional teams and IND filing experience
* Experience in supporting is engaging with clinical development stage programs, ability to approach and design projects from a preclinical to clinical translational perspective
* Demonstrated ability to collaborate with cross-functional colleagues, working with CROs, external collaborators/KOLs
* Experience in leading cross-functional project teams
* Effective communications skills (written and oral) demonstrated ability in taking initiative to develop relationships with internal and external collaborators, ability to be resourceful in a small biotech environment
* Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment and experience in mentoring and leading scientific teams
* Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It is nice but not essential that you also have…
* Familiarity with small molecule drug development, PK/PD and metabolism, toxicology concepts and how they fit into advancing a preclinical program into the clinic
* A clinical translational bent of mind and with an understanding of clinical trial design, and biomarker considerations to enable the design and obtain necessary information from the preclinical program to inform the clinical program design
* Previous regulatory interaction experience
* Experience in supporting small molecule drugs and other therapeutic areas beyond neurology
* When appropriate, the ability to develop/provide input into biomarker strategy to enable successful clinical development as a part of the IDP. This includes biomarkers to assess target engagement, pharmacodynamics, disease biomarkers and novel endpoints as appropriate for indication as well as patient selection/stratification strategy when necessary, including development of Dx/CDx strategies.
Dewpoint Therapeutics is the first company founded to apply the emerging discipline of biomolecular condensates to drug discovery. Dewpoint believes that a vast range of conditions have pathways that are regulated by condensates or arise from the dysfunction of condensates - including cancer, neurodegeneration, and metabolic disease. Dewpoint scientists are working in Boston, MA, and Dresden and Frankfurt, Germany, to translate condensate biology into treatments for the toughest diseases.
Dewpoint strives to cultivate an inclusive international community that welcomes and empowers everyone. We reject racism, discrimination, harassment, brutality, and all other manifestations of hate. We draw strength from diversity.
Dewpoint is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Please, no solicitations by agencies.