CRISPR Therapeutics is a leading gene editing company focused on developing transformative gene-based medicines for serious diseases using its proprietary CRISPR/Cas9 platform. CRISPR/Cas9 is a revolutionary gene editing technology that allows for precise, directed changes to genomic DNA. CRISPR Therapeutics has established a portfolio of therapeutic programs across a broad range of disease areas including hemoglobinopathies, oncology, regenerative medicine and rare diseases. To accelerate and expand its efforts, CRISPR Therapeutics has established strategic partnerships with leading companies including Bayer, Vertex Pharmaceuticals and ViaCyte, Inc. CRISPR Therapeutics AG is headquartered in Zug, Switzerland, with its wholly-owned U.S. subsidiary, CRISPR Therapeutics, Inc., and R&D operations in Boston, Massachusetts and San Francisco, California, and business offices in London, United Kingdom.
We seek a motivated Molecular Biologist/Geneticist with strong collaboration and communication skills to join the Genomics and Computational Biology team at CRISPR Therapeutics. A scientist in this role will work collaboratively and independently on routine and challenging projects that support the development of transformative CRISPR/Cas9-based gene editing technologies and therapies. They will be responsible for developing assays to characterize and understand gene therapy drugs under development and in clinical trials. There will also be opportunities to engage in discovery and development projects for both in vivo and ex vivo therapies. This position is embedded within a strong platform team that has the latest sequencing, single-cell, and automation technologies.
* Leverage standard and new technologies to develop molecular workflows and genomic assays that support therapeutic programs and platform projects
* Work closely with therapeutic and platform teams to develop project ideas, goals, and timelines
* Communicate findings to stakeholders via oral and written communications, visualizations, and presentations
* Log scientific data and findings in an electronic lab notebook
* Author regulatory documents as required to support therapeutic program progress and intellectual property filings.
* PhD in biology or related discipline and 2+ years of relevant research experience
* Deep understanding of and enthusiasm for genomic techniques
* Diverse experiences in preparing NGS libraries (kit-based, off-the-shelf and custom-designed)
* Direct experience in employing multiple genomic techniques to address biological questions of significance in, but not limited to, cell differentiation, cell development, carcinogenesis, or gene expression control
* Experience with single cell DNA and RNA sequencing technologies, including 10X, MissionBio, or other single cell platforms
* Experience in collaborative projects involving wet and dry lab scientists
* Excellent organizational skills and oral and written communication skills
* Track record of challenging oneself to enhance scientific skills and knowledge
* Ability to think, strategically manage time and workflow, and work independently as well as in a results-oriented research team
* 2+ years of research experience in academia or biotech, in particular, focusing on mammalian gene therapy, gene editing, or gene expression control
* Expertise in human immunology, cancer, or stem cell biology
* Hands-on experience with tissue culture or animal work
* Experience with diverse sequencing platforms (Illumina, PacBio, Oxford Nanopore)
* Collaborative - Openness, One Team
* Undaunted - Fearless, Can-do attitude
* Results Orientation - Delivering progress toward our mission. Sense of urgency in solving problems.
* Entrepreneurial Spirit - Proactive. Ownership mindset.
CRISPR Therapeutics, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law.
To view our Privacy Statement, please click the following link: http://www.crisprtx.com/about-us/privacy-policy