Why Smucker is the Place for You
You deserve a positive and encouraging work environment. One that allows you to deliver your best work and become your best professional self. That is exactly what you will find at Smucker. Inspired by our unique culture, we are determined to support every employee holistically through our Total Rewards benefits program, underscoring our commitment to be the employer of choice.
* Offering competitive wages, annual merit increases and bonus eligibility.
* Benefits effective day one, including health benefits that meet the needs of you and your family while also helping provide greater financial flexibility through coverage options tailored to your life stage - meaning more coverage for what you need and less cost to you.
Support testing of microbiological procedures for our manufacturing plants that make some of the most iconic brands in the Smucker portfolio. Leverage your analytical skills to provide reporting for our Research and Development (R&D) department in addition to our plants to maximize results.
In this role you will:
Lead Microbiology testing/reporting including:
* Media Preparation
* General laboratory upkeep/ordering supplies
* Laboratory projects
* Maintain International Organization for Standardization (ISO)/International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) 17025- accredited methods
Conduct Analytical testing/reporting including:
* Routine testing/reporting for internal customers
* Laboratory projects
* Maintain ISO/IEC 17025- accredited methods
The Right Role for You
Are you passionate about making a difference through leveraging your technical and analytical skills? Check out our requirements:
* Bachelor's degree in Microbiology, Food Science, or related field
* Microbiological experience/training
* Strong chemistry and mathematics background
* Good computer knowledge and skills
* Highly adaptable and flexible to a dynamic environment
* Self-motivated, high energy level, positive attitude
* General laboratory experience
* Ability to work a minimum of one company assigned holiday per year (could be 1-3 days during that holiday week for 1-2 hours each day and/or if a Holiday falls on a Sunday of your rotation)
* Ability to stand for extended periods of time is required
* Ability to lift up to 40 pounds on occasion is required
* Ability to report into the Orrville, OH offices on a full time basis
Learn More About Working at Smucker
* Our Total Rewards Benefits Program
* Our Thriving Together Philosophy Supporting All Impacted by Our Business
* Our Continued Progress on Inclusion, Diversity and Equity