Great Therapeutics company in San Diego - Great Pay and Benefits.
This Jobot Job is hosted by Michael Montevideo
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button and sending us your resume.
Salary $80,000 - $130,000 per year
A Bit About Us
Our mission is to restore health by delivering first-in-class therapies that harness alternative splicing.
Our scientific platform is based on biological discoveries that govern tissue specialization and enable us to selectively eliminate harmful proteins using small molecules. Our foundational discoveries in Wnt pathway modulation unlocked the broad therapeutic potential of alternative splicing by targeting the CLK/DYRK family kinases. These kinases govern the selection of tissue-speciﬁc and disease-selective RNA splice-sites, thus deﬁning them as targets for drug therapy. Selectively reprogramming cellular behavior could lead to the discovery of new, potentially curative therapies for certain diseases.
Our clinical pipeline is focused on osteoarthritis and oncology, with early-stage programs in neurology and other areas of significant unmet medical need.
Why join us?
We are seeking an innovative and highly motivated Research Associate/Senior Research Associate to join our tumor biology team in the R&D division to contribute to preclinical research programs targeting Alternative Splicing and aimed at the development of treatments for cancer.
This is a full-time position in the company's San Diego headquarters.
* Perform and coordinate experiments to support the oncology program;
* Perform tissue culture work including mammalian cell lines and primary cells;
* Perform routine profiling of compounds in cell-based and biochemical assays;
* Establish and conduct cell-based assays, including cytotoxicity, cell proliferation, combination assays, target engagement, high-content imaging, and luminescence-based assays for a wide range of small molecules; Perform cell and molecular biology techniques including, but not limited to, RNA extraction, qRT-PCR, Alternative Splicing analysis, Western Blotting, ELISA, immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence;
* Design, develop, optimize and execute high-throughput screening assays. Develop and execute assays on robotic screening platforms and evaluate screening data in collaboration with the research team members;
* Present scientific data to colleagues and assist in the preparation of internal and external presentations (presentations, posters, publications);
* Ability to independently troubleshoot, solve difficult problems, and propose solutions related to assay design and execution;
* Analyze and document experimental data in electronic notebooks in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with company policies.
* BS or MS in biology, cell biology, or related discipline, with 2+ years of additional laboratory experience in molecular biology, experience working in industry is a plus;
* Strong expertise in tissue culture (adherent & suspension cultures) and cell-based assays (e.g. proliferation, viability, luminescence assays);
* Experience with molecular biology techniques, such as qRT-PCR, RNA-seq, Western blotting, ELISA;
* Experience with cell- and protein-based assays, such as flow cytometry, plate-reader based activity assays;
* Prior experience with static and acoustic compound transfer, advanced liquid handling systems, reporter gene assays, homogeneous time resolved fluorescence, high content imaging, and cell-based phenotypic screens is preferred;
* Experience with in vivo models is a plus;
* Capable of both independent- and team-oriented work, collaborating across disciplines, and training junior research associates as needed;
* Adaptive and a quick learner, capable of managing multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced work environment;
* Highly motivated, punctual and reliable with a positive attitude and strong work ethic;
* Execution focused, team-oriented with an ability to thrive in a multi-disciplinary, fast- paced work environment;
* Excellent oral and written communication skills;
* Level will be commensurate with experience
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button.