Full-time $115,000 - $125,000 a year 2 days ago
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
Full Job Description
POSITION: National Director of US Programs
Function: Program Management (Change Agent)
Job Location: (REMOTE) with up to 25% travel
Start Date: Immediate
Term: Full Time with Health Benefits / Retirement / PTO
Salary: 115k- 125k depending on experience
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 2004, Build Change is an innovative non‐profit social innovator whose mission is to greatly reduce deaths, injuries, and economic losses caused by housing and school collapses due to earthquakes, extreme weather and fires. Our global experience shows that home improvement programs focused on improving existing housing can be carried out successfully across a range of countries and disaster contexts. To do this, we implement programs that are both economically and socially sustainable.
Our approach looks beyond construction and engineering, to creating an environment in which people want to improve the safety of their homes, and in which it is possible and affordable for them to do so. Build Change is currently active in South East Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean, South America and the United States.
As part of its preventive strategy for the United States, the Director of US Programs, West will collaborate with the Federal government and state governments on policy and large-scale implementation of home improvement and structural retrofitting programs across the country. The Director of US Programs, West will develop and strengthen collaborative efforts and projects with city governments and private stakeholders on the topic of resilient housing interventions. The Director of US Programs, West will also support technical resource development activities in partnership with Universities and other stakeholders.
ATTENTION ALL "SUPERSTARS "!!!
Build Change is seeking a Director of US Programs, to join its Senior Management team. The Director of US Programs,will represent Build Change, and Build Change's interests, while leading our work in California,South Carolina, Florida related to connecting homeowners to financial resources and technical support needed to make their homes more resilient to disasters and the results of climate change.
The Director of US Programs, position will require a mix of remote work, setting up field offices in program locations, and spending significant time in multiple cities where Build Change has or is developing activities. In this role, the Director of US Programs, identifies issues and risks related to program implementation; output effectiveness in terms of long-term disaster risk mitigation, and ensures long-term program outcome sustainability.
The Director of US Programs, shall act as a key liaison between Build Change and all other counterparts and implementing partners involved in our US based programs. Our Director will be expected to manage stakeholders; identify, develop and steward business partnerships - in particular with State and Federal governments, and help secure new funding and partnerships to deliver on our mission in throughout the United States. This position reports to the CEO.
The Director of US Programs, will be expected to fulfill the following responsibilities:
- Business Development - Take the lead in the expansion of the Build Change agenda, including, but not limited to, the development of new projects and partnerships.
- Process Management - Ensure the application of Build Change's technical assistance platform for the US based preventive program across all of Build Change's projects (including Build Change's homeowner-driven process, standard operating procedures, and best practices).
- Implementation - Deliver Build Change's California projects on schedule, meeting milestones agreed to with donors, and resolving issues that impact the project schedule immediately with stakeholders. You will also ensure that implementation is achieved according to the allocated budget.
- Coordination - Supervise technical and operative teams, as well as coordinate with local partner teams, donor teams, and key local stakeholders (including local government or local branches of central government).
- Staffing & Team Building - Work with the Admin. Officer and the HR Manager to ensure sufficient staff with the correct skills are deployed in order to deliver all state-specific program goals.
- Strategy - Collaborate with other team members in implementing key points of Build Change's regional strategies, including: Promoting and developing the capacity of national and international organizations to implement preventive structural retrofitting of housing and schools at scale; Developing appropriate technical resources for local use, adhering to the Build Change practice of homeowner-driven implementation, culturally appropriate solutions, and technical excellence.
- Representation - Represent Build Change in discussions of homeowner-driven project implementation with government officials, partners, and key stakeholders.
- Reporting - Provide content for the project reporting, internally and externally, on a regular basis (weekly, monthly, quarterly), as required by the Director of Communications, and as stipulated in Build Change's grant agreements or other contractual agreements.
- Other - This position reports to the CEO.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
You presently have:
- An advanced University degree in Program Management, Disaster Risk Management, Architecture, Engineering, Finance, or related discipline, with at least 5 years of professional experience. First level University degree and qualifying experience of over 7 years is also acceptable.
- In-depth understanding of the United States housing and disaster context, especially related to development, risk management, and social interest housing.
- An unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation.
- Effective written and verbal communications
- US Citizen or Green Card holder
We encourage all qualified individuals to apply. We welcome diverse candidates and veterans who have military service.
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
Please visit http://www.buildchange.org/about/careers and click on the link for this position. Applications will be accepted until filled. Qualified women and candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No calls please.
Build Change is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. It is the policy of Build Change that qualified individuals with disabilities not be discriminated against because of their disabilities in regard to job application procedures, hiring, and other terms and conditions of employment. It is further the policy of Build Change to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in all aspects of the employment process. Build Change is prepared to modify or adjust the job application process or the job or work environment to make reasonable accommodations to the known physical or mental limitations of the applicant or employee to enable the applicant or employee to be considered for the position he or she desires, to perform the essential functions of the position in question, or to enjoy equal benefits and privileges of employment as are enjoyed by other similarly situated employees without disabilities unless the accommodation will impose an undue hardship.
- BA/BS degree in ... or related field
- 5+ years experience in ...
- Experience with ...
- Effective written and verbal communication