Location : Colombia, Bogota (full remote possibility In Colombia or Peru) Beginning : ASAP 2022 Travels in the field : 30% Full-time positionWHO WE ARE
PUR Projet is a global leader in supply chain sustainability. We develop socio-environmental projects within the supply chains of our Corporate Partners. Through the economic and social empowerment of local communities and the introduction of sustainable development initiatives at the agricultural level, PUR Projet seeks to address climate change, while regenerating and preserving the ecosystems upon which these supply chains depend. Many of PUR Projet's projects fall within the categories of insetting, regenerative agriculture, agroforestry, forest conservation and landscape restoration. PUR Projet is a B Corp Company which employs over 160 people and a presence in 10 countries.
www.purprojet.com PUR Projet is looking for a Data Manager Leadto be based in Bogota, Colombia (full remote possibility In Colombia or Peru)
PUR Projet manages different projects across the world and collects the data linked to those projects (quantitative, qualitative & geospatial data).
The field teams monitor and follow each project around the world with tools such as Kobo, ODK & other tools developed internally. All this data pipeline aims to improve our impact and our projects in the field. The IT team manages this data to build a strong data pipeline.
As a key member of the Data and IT Team, you will report to the Product Owner.
In this role you will be working with the Data team members and manage three Data managers on the field.
Your role will be to:
- coordinate Data Collection in Latin America across all 15 projects where PUR has activities
- provide technical support to the project team by implementing field data collection for the follow-up and the monitoring of activities in Latin America. In this role you will be working with the Data team members based in Bogota.
Your responsibilities will include in a non-exhaustive manner :Coordinate regional implementation of data collection processes :
- Control the quality of the implementation of data collection;
Technical implementation of data collection:
- Set-up, plan, coordinate the implementation of data collection projects' activities;
- Assist Field teams in the technical implementation of data collection tools and provide technical support
- Manage growing Data team in Latin America
We are looking for a candidate with:
- Contribute to the improvement of PUR Projet's data collection tools vision and proceedings
- Improve training and educative materials
- Develop best practices for Data Collection in Latin American region including on geospatial data
- MSc degree in Data, Information systems, Environmental engineering / Technology, Science, Rural development or equivalent experience with an engineer spirit. Any experience with Environmental projects (reforestation and agroforestry projects) will be a strong plus;
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience;
- Knowledge on Kobo/ODK/XLS form environment
- SIG and excellent command of Excel is a huge plus
- Good organizational skills with an analytical mindset;
- Ability to communicate easily in a multicultural environment;
- Fluent in English