Leading assay development for early-stage drug discovery programs ideally relating to RNA targeting therapeutics. Onsite in Cambridge, MA
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Dylan Reed
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $120,000 - $160,000 per yearA bit about us:
We are an innovative biopharmaceutical company developing therapies to treat mitochondrial dysfunction associated with genetic mitochondrial diseases and common diseases of aging. Our team works with patients and advocacy organizations to better understand their journey with mitochondrial disease and raise awareness of the unmet need our programs seek to address.Why join us?
We collaborate with top-tier academic and medical institutions, scientific thought leaders, and clinical key opinion leaders in developing the first generation of targeted therapies focusing on mitochondrial dysfunction as it presents in these rare genetic diseases and common diseases of aging. With these collaborative efforts, we continue to advance our platform of late-stage clinical programs and novel pipeline candidates.Job Details
We are seeking a highly motivated Director/Sr. Director, Biology with experience in developing in vitro assays and a strong background in RNA biology. We are seeking a biology leader to support the development of RNA-targeted small molecules for indications spanning oncology and neurology.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in biology or biochemistry and have demonstrated in-depth experience in leading assay development for early-stage drug discovery programs ideally relating to RNA targeting therapeutics. The individual will be expected to lead efforts towards the development of preclinical assays and models for disease of interest, contribute to evaluating activity and mechanism of action to drive selection of drug-candidates with a cross-functional team in a high-growth biotech environment. As part of our growing and dynamic team, the Director/Sr. Director is responsible for actively collaborating with senior management, internal, and external partners to achieve the company's key objectives.
- A Ph.D. in Biological Sciences or related discipline with a focus on RNA biology, Oncology or Neurological Disease is highly desired.
- A minimum of 5 years of industry experience leading drug discovery programs in biotech or at a pharmaceutical company is required. Prior experience with RNA-related assay development or RNA targeting therapeutic development experience is strongly desired.
- Additional experience with in vivo assay development in Oncology or Neurology would be ideal.
- Experience managing teams, relationships with Contract Research Organizations, and external collaborators is required.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present summaries of research results to team members or to multidisciplinary team members is required.
- Must have a strong work ethic, be goal-oriented, and enthusiastic about working in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate in strategic and multidisciplinary team environments.
- Advanced knowledge of computers and programs, including Windows, MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel), and statistical/graphing software.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button.