Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Senior Principal Environmental Health Safety, Contractor Safety (New Consumer Health Company). This position will be located in Fort Washington, Pennsylvania, Lititz, Pennsylvania, Skillman, New Jersey, São Paulo, Brazil, São José dos Campos, Brazil, Bogota, Columbia, Pomezia, Italy, Zug, Switzerland, Val De Reuil, France, Sezanne, France, Wuppertal, Germany, Mandra, Greece, Helsingborg, Sweden, and Singapore with remote capabilities.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $82.1 billion in 2020 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based healthcare Company, touching the lives of nearly a billion people every day. Our Family of Companies throughout the world compete in consumer, pharmaceutical and medical devices & diagnostics markets and have the skills and resources to tackle the world's most pressing health issues.
Johnson & Johnson announced plans to separate our Consumer Health business to create a new publicly traded company. The process of the planned separation is anticipated to be completed within 24 months, and it will be subject to legal requirements including consultation with works councils and other employee representative bodies, as required, and other customary conditions and approvals.
It is anticipated that, following conclusion of the transaction, this position may be conveyed with New Consumer Health. In that case, details of any planned changes would be provided to the successful candidate by New Consumer Health at an appropriate time and would be subject to any necessary consultation processes.
The Senior Principal EHS, Contractor Safety is an experienced and recognized technical expert in the prevention of injuries and property loss associated with a wide variety of safety hazards. As a global subject matter expert, they will develop and implement company safety strategies in the area of contractor safety, construction safety, permit-to-work, EHS by design, work at heights, critical lift, excavation, confined space, and emergency response. The complexity of safety challenges across the company and strategic partners requires advanced knowledge and technical specialization in the different areas of occupational safety for manufacturing, warehouses, laboratories, office buildings, facilities, construction projects, and EHS innovations.
The Senior Principal EHS, Contractor Safety, must work with staff in all parts of our business and in all cultures to implement effective solutions. They must drive a standardized and harmonized approach across the company to maximize efficiency and effectiveness in diverse cultures and countries. They will interface with a wide variety of operating facilities and strategic partners personnel, ranging from maintenance and engineering technicians, and local EHS staff to organizational leaders. They will develop solutions to contractor safety, construction safety, permit-to-work, EHS by design, work at heights, critical lift, excavation, confined space, and emergency response EHS challenges and present recommendations to various leadership teams, including but not limited to, site-level leadership teams, regional EHS leadership teams, global EHS leadership teams, and engineering and facilities leadership teams.
This position will interface with local and national regulatory agencies for workplace safety and health, leaders of professional associations for EHS, external service providers, and vendors for the environment, health, and safety.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Developing implementation and continuously improving worldwide occupational safety strategies, tactics and programs, and leading EHS innovations
* Providing technical solutions to the company on cost-effective compliance strategies for EHS standards such as contractor safety, construction safety, permit-to-work, EHS by design, work at heights, critical lift, excavation, confined space, and emergency response
* Collaborating with R&D, operations, engineering, and facilities organizations to incorporate safety engineering into the development of standardized design platforms
* Leading EHS innovation with a focus on associate-facing technology to improve the experience as well as usability of technology in EHS programs
* Identifying innovative solutions to drive automation, reliability, satisfaction, and improvement to EHS performance and overall risk profile
* Managing the effectiveness and success of the technology programs including soliciting feedback from the user community and multiple third-party suppliers for solution development
* Supporting the EHS team by navigating fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous technological challenges by understanding New Consumer Health Company's business requirements, evaluating solutions being presented, and providing input on which solution is best suited
* Leading technical audits and supporting program reviews in contractor safety, construction safety, permit-to-work, EHS by design, work at heights, critical Lift, excavation, confined space, and emergency response
* Interpreting risk assessment data against codes and standards
* Must be a hands-on problem solver - helping sites troubleshoot and brainstorm solutions for challenging and complex scenarios
* Supporting the incorporation of contractor safety strategy into construction projects, IT, management of facilities, logistics, and laboratory service
* Establishing risk mitigation goals and developing metrics to track and communicate progress
* Analyzing occupational safety metrics (leading and lagging indicators) and communicating results to major internal customers including regional and sector management
* Partnering with various system-based owners/process champions to ensure that SOPs remain current and are regularly reviewed to include new requirements and/or to exclude excessive requirements
* Participating in accident and incident investigations to assure accurate and thorough identification of root causes and development of appropriate CAPAs (Corrective and Preventive Action)
* Developing occupational safety capabilities, they globally own by leading a global community of practice and through training, coaching, and support
* Providing guidance and support to the regions to ensure effective implementation and adherence to the New Consumer Health Company EHS standards and safety culture program
* Supporting establishment and maintenance of occupational safety policies/standards/metrics that support strategic goals, New Consumer Health Company requirements, and New Consumer Health Company's leadership position in occupational safety
* Working with EHS staff to help shape the external regulatory, industry, and stakeholder environments, and promoting the New Consumer Health Company's leadership position in occupational safety through outreach activities including regulatory agency alliances and industry forums
* Maintaining currency with industry best practices, Best Available Technologies (BAT), and trends and sharing this knowledge with peers and leadership