Environmental Investigation and Remediation Project Manager
Albany, New York, USA
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. No sponsorship is available for this position.
We invite you to bring your Engineering, Geology or Science background into play as you manage existing investigation and remediation projects primarily in New York State. The position will be based out of Ramboll's Albany, New York office. Due to the pandemic, all of Ramboll's offices are currently closed and staff are working remotely. Once the offices are reopened, the candidate will be expected to work from the Albany, New York office on a routine basis. To succeed in this role, you must have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Geology, Environmental Science, Civil Engineering or Environmental Engineering and have approximately 8 to 15 years of relevant experience. Are you our new Environmental Project Manager? Click the apply button to send your application!
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions strive to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.
You will join our Environment and Health department
As our new Environmental Project Manager, you will be part of Albany's ambitious, diverse, creative, and collaborative investigation and remediation team. When you start with Ramboll, you'll be joining a company that strives to make a difference - for our employees, clients and society. As you work on challenging projects, you will be given increasing responsibility - while also being able to rely on experienced managers and colleagues to offer support and a helping hand as you learn and develop in your role.
Your key tasks and responsibilities for this role will be:
* Successfully managing the execution of investigation and remediation projects, including remedial investigations, remedial designs, remedial actions, and post-remediation monitoring programs under both RCRA and CERCLA programs
* Effectively leading the development and finalization of technical documents, including work plans/scoping documents, remedial investigation reports, feasibility studies, remedial action reports, and post-remediation monitoring reports
* Leading business development and project management activities including scope and budget development, proposal writing, budget/milestone tracking, client presentation, and regulatory interaction
* Regularly interacting with existing and prospective clients, and establishing collaborative project teams of Engineers, Geologists, Scientists and Subject Matter Experts
* Serving as mentor to project team members and other junior staff.
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Geology, Environmental Science, Civil or Environmental Engineering and 8 to 15 years of relevant experience
* Working knowledge of New York State and federal regulations and technical guidance (e.g., NYSDEC DER-10, RCRA, CERCLA, TSCA)
* Possession, eligibility or interest in obtaining a professional license (e.g., PE, PG)
* 40-Hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification and up to date 8-hour refresher
* Solid PM skills, with strong technical and client relationship building capabilities
* Experience with both conventional and innovative investigation/remediation technologies a plus
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include:
* Ability to work on and prioritize multiple projects with competing deadlines.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a strong attention to detail, quality, and safety.
* Good interpersonal skills, customer focus, and strong ability to work effectively in teams.
Welcome to our Environment & Health division
Ramboll develops innovative, scientifically sound solutions that help increase liveability by reducing pollution and restoring natural environments. One of the world's leading environmental and health consultancies, our bright minds are trusted by clients to manage their most challenging environmental, health and social issues.
Ramboll in Americas
Ramboll has nearly 2,000 experts working across 50 offices in the Americas applying their passion to deliver innovative solutions within Environment & Health, Water, Energy and Planning & Urban Design. Founded in Denmark, Ramboll is a people company. We invite you to contribute to a sustainable future working in an open, collaborative and empowering culture.
How to apply
Apply online. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application!