Environmental Health and Safety Manager - Palm Springs, CA
Help the World Breathe Easier by Collaborating with Innovative Vyaire Employees Around the World
As a global leader in respiratory care, we know what we do enables, improves and extends lives. We are an energetic company with a long history of revolutionary products. We devise outstanding solutions that allow patients to lead ordinary lives. We believe the best way to create new value for our customers, is to become invaluable. We know a dynamic culture with diversity of thought makes this possible. Our colleagues are people who specialize in exceeding expectations, establishing last relationships and making it a priority to listen. We are dedicated to anticipating what's next and get it done. We thrive on contributing and making a difference.
To learn more, visit our website: www.vyaire.com
Watch our video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDrQoMbMRrI&feature=youtu.be
The Impact You'll Make in this Role
As a(n) Environmental Health & Safety Manager you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
- Ensure federal, state and local legislative compliance by preparing submitting all EHS related federal, state and local reports
- Develop/ implement EHS management systems programs/ tools
- Develop risk identification and reduction awareness and methods
- Develop/ conduct EHS training
- Evaluate the efficiency and compliance of the program through self-audits, product and regulatory changes
- Conduct root cause investigations of all work-related accidents/injuries, develop and facilitate effective CAPA.
- Develop reports and information to advise departments of trends in injuries, unsafe conditions, and environmental compliance that would result in reduction of incidents.
- Coordinate facility safety programs including department safety meetings and general awareness.
- Review all new or changing Manufacturing and R&D processes to assess compliance with environmental and safety standards, risk, and legal compliance.
- Audit facilities periodically for compliance with federal, state, and local regulations, corporate policies, and procedures; issue reports on status of compliance; drive gap closures.
- Communicates with other site managers and supervisors in building relationships as a basis for influence, mentoring and providing technical advice.
- Develops reports for site and global management on EHS performance with recommendations for site-level action to improve EHS.
- Applies mentoring skills to develop capability of site operational and EHS personnel.
- Serve as the lead for the ISO 14001 Certification (Palm Springs, CA)
- Serve as the web master for the EHS Department site
- Support other locations as needed
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, Vyaire is looking for candidates who have the following required qualifications:
- Completion of an undergraduate degree required. Degree in occupational safety, engineering, science or related field a plus. In addition, a Master's degree is a plus.
- 3-7 years' experience leading EHS programs that meet the requirements of the State of California EHS regulations
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- Professional certification e.g. Certified Safety Professional (CSP) and Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM) are a plus.
- Experience leading ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems programs
- Experience leading SMS Standards: ISO 45001, ANSI Z10, or OSHA VPP
- Solid understanding of NFPA and Consensus Standard Codes
- High proficiency in high hazard control (i.e. Machine Guarding, LOTO, Electrical Code Safety, Fire, Radiation, Hazardous Materials)
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to build consensus and influence others.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Highly motivated and results-oriented: a change agent who proactively drives EHS awareness and communicates standard methodologies and promotes an autonomous EHS culture.
- Bilingual (English + Spanish) a plus
Travel: May include up to 15-20% local between Palm Springs, CA and Irvine, CABenefit elections are among the most meaningful choices that we make for ourselves and our family. That is why Vyaire offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes various options to meet the diverse needs of our employees.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).