At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate. We're looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all experiences, skillsets, backgrounds and walks of life. We actively foster a work environment and culture where inclusion and diversity is part of our fundamental structure. This is delivered behaviorally, through our policies, trainings, local partnerships with professional diverse organizations, internal networks and most importantly with the support and sponsorship of our leaders who help drive our commitment to an inclusive, diverse, welcoming and equitable work environment. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Project Director, Sustainability, Energy and Climate Change for our national practice with preference to one of these locations; Portland, OR; Chicago, IL; Boston, MA; New York, NY; Bethlehem, PA; San Francisco, CA; San Diego, CA; Arlington, VA; Boulder, CO
or other WSP USA office locations
. Be involved in projects with our Climate, Resilience and Sustainability Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client's objectives and solves their challenges.
The successful candidate will lead client-facing teams in the design, management, and reporting of product and organizational sustainability programs. Candidates should be passionate about sustainability, self-motivated and self-directed, collaborative, and able to produce high-quality work products.
- Project management of LCA projects from start to finish including:
- Guiding the research and collecting life cycle inventory data, performing quality assurance, developing new datasets to fill data gaps
- Performing quality assurance on modeling in software platforms such as GaBi
- Reviewing reports (screening-level and ISO-conformant) and presentations based on the results of LCAs
- Guiding client communications of deliverables
- Guiding the production of EPDs and LCA background reports in accordance with relevant Product Category Rules (PCRs)
- Identifying and evaluating opportunities to reduce environmental impacts in the life cycle of a product or service
- Managing multiple projects and project teams including budgeting, invoicing and client communications
- Managing client relationships and leading business development activities with existing and prospective clients in the private and public sectors
Who You Are Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in environment/sustainability, energy, engineering or related discipline
- 7 to 10 years of professional experience in electronics and technology product sustainability in addition to experience in project management and LCA
- Familiarity with ISO standards relevant to LCA such as 14040, 14044, 14025, 14046, 14064, 14067
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, maturity, credibility, confidence, and integrity
- Ability to supervise the development of and present analyses using programs including Microsoft Excel and LCA software (e.g., GaBi, SimaPro, OpenLCA)
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and use of programs including Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with the product design process, manufacturing, supply chain management, circular economy principles and methods of reducing waste
- Ability to work independently, multitask, and manage time efficiently
- Ability to collaborate remotely across geographies and platforms
Compensation and Benefits:
- Master's degree
- Experience with Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs) and Product Environmental Footprinting (PEF)
- Familiarity with water footprinting, water stress and scarcity methodologies such as AWARE
- Experience with programming and data science with the ability to develop and present analyses using programs including Power BI.
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee's career.
Expected Salary: $85,300 - $174,200
WSP USA is providing the compensation range and general description of other compensation and benefits that the company in good faith believes it might pay and/or offer for this position based on the successful applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities in addition to internal equity and geographic location. WSP USA reserves the right to ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and offer additional benefits and other compensation, depending on circumstances not related to an applicant's sex or other status protected by local, state, or federal law.