Our IT team operates as a business partner proposing ideas and innovative solutions that enable new organizational capabilities. We partner internationally to deliver the services and solutions that help everyone to be more productive and enable innovation.
The Research and Development Sciences (RaDS) value team in our Company R&D IT brings together product management, engineering, and data science expertise to enable data and technology products and services that accelerate our scientists' ability to discover and develop innovative medicines that change the course of human health. In the RaDS value team, the Product organization is responsible for implementing technology products and associated services to advance the drug discovery and development pipeline.
We are seeking a motivated and collaborative Product Manager to join the RaDS Product organization. The position will report to the Disease Biology & PharmTox Product Line Lead. The goal of this product line is to enable development and execution of PK/PD, ADME and Immunogenicity assays to inform dose selection and vaccine development.
The ideal candidate will partner closely with key business stakeholders and with Product, Engineering, Data science, and other IT teams. They will own the entire lifecycle of the Drug Exposure & Immunogenicity product team's capabilities focusing on enabling faster go/no decisions for vaccines, biologics and small molecules by streamlining data capture, optimal dose selection and immunogenicity assays which inform effectiveness for the preclinical, first in human and subsequent studies.Primary Tasks:
- Set the product vision and strategy for the applications within the Drug Exposure and Immunogenicity product team.
- Support business teams, Business Technology Partner, and Product line lead in Problem Discovery to identify & prioritize problems, provide high level solutions and draft associated OKRs (Objectives and Key results).
- In accordance with strategic priorities, advance development of scientific processes and workflows involving data from bioanalytical, drug exposure and immunogenicity assays.
- Enable development and execution of PK/PD, ADME and Immunogenicity assays by managing tools that streamline assay data capture, processing, review, analysis and reporting in support of regulatory workflows.
- Ensure that value and user experience are measured and achieved by utilizing your expertise in scientific processes, analytics, and deep understanding of stakeholders' needs.
- Conduct product discovery activities and rapid prototyping with scientific partners, user experience researchers, engineers, and data scientists to identify problems and opportunities and assess value risk, usability risk, feasibility risk and business viability risk.
- Lead and manage a team of Product Analyst(s), guiding and empowering them to embody the product mindset with a focus on customers and scientific problems.
- Create a cohesive strategy to manage an orthogonal suite of products and applications by maximizing impact and reducing costs and redundancy. Manage decisions on application renewals and associated activities in close collaboration with scientific partners.
- Be accountable for managing and evolving roadmap for key capabilities and initiatives within the product team. Prioritize and maintain associated product backlogs.
- Be accountable for the life cycle of applications within the Drug Exposure and Immunogenicity product team, the value they deliver and the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
- Play a pivotal role in enabling more effective use of scientific data.
- Highly collaborative problem solver with 3+ years of experience working with scientific software development, Bioanalytical workflows, and other assay data management solutions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of working with research assay data management and LIMS (Laboratory Information Management) systems
- Familiarity with scientific workflows/processes/methods used Pharmacokinetics, Pharmacodynamic, ADME, Bioanalytical assays. Comprehension of the Drug Exposure, Vaccines, Bioanalytics, and quantitative pharmacology & pharmacometrics domain and processes involved.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams, launching, and managing software products, defining user stories, and working to ensure development of products based on business requirements.
- Eagerness to learn scientific processes, drug discovery and development processes, regulatory requirements as necessary to solve problems.
- Familiarity with databases, ontologies, data integration, and data standards/models relevant to healthcare.
- Record of working closely with scientific and technology partners to successfully evaluate and implement new technologies.
- Ability to work in a team of multidisciplinary scientists and IT personnel and operate effectively in a matrix environment with a customer-centric attitude.
- Record of working independently, asynchronously (across time zones) and with excellent communication skills that cross cultural/geographic/organizational boundaries.
- Well-versed with software development life cycle (SDLC), ability to communicate technically with development teams and experience with Agile Development Principles
- Has managed and implemented GxP compliant products; COTS as well as bespoke-developed products.
- M.A./M.S., with 3+ years or B.A./B.S. with 5+ years of experience in a scientific or technical discipline (such as biology, chemistry, pharmaceutical sciences, computer science, bioinformatics statistics, engineering)
- Experience as people/team manager
- Experience with product discovery, agile development and product development activities using tools such as Mural, Figma, Jira etc.
- Experience with AWS cloud or other cloud-based platforms (e.g., AWS practitioner training).
- Experience with High performance computing/Linux administration and cloud computing.
- Knowledge of relational databases (SQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL).
Our Support Functions deliver services and make recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the culture of our organization. Our Support Functions include HR, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.What we look for …
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us-and start making your impact today.NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.Residents of Colorado
Click here to request this role's pay range.
Under New York City law, the Company is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the salary range for this job. Final determinations with respect to salary will take into accounta number of factors, which may include, but not be limited to the primary work location and the chosen candidate's relevant skills, experience, and education. Expected salary range: 117,600 - 200,100.For positions located in the United States and Puerto Rico - Subject to applicable law, all new hires (including internal transfers) must demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or that they qualify for a medical or religious exemption to this vaccination requirement. New hires (including internal transfers) to a position that, as determined by the Company, requires routine collaboration with external stakeholders (such as roles in health services or customer-facing commercial or research-based roles) ("Customer-Facing Role") who are not vaccinated must qualify for a medical or religious exemption and be in a position that the Company determines can accommodate unvaccinated employees without causing an undue burden to business operations. If, following dialog with the candidate as appropriate, it is determined that the candidate either a) does not qualify for a religious or medical exemption or, b) for candidates applying for Customer-Facing roles, it is determined that allowing the candidate to work without vaccination would cause an undue burden to the Company, the candidate will be ineligible for hire or transfer, or any offer of employment or transfer (if applicable) will be revoked. Please note that notwithstanding the approval of any reasonable accommodation, the Company reserves the right to monitor, modify, or revoke any such accommodation if it is determined, following dialog with the employee, that the accommodation is no longer effective or results in an undue burden to the Company.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HEREUS and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another's thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Under New York City law, the Company is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the salary range for this job. Final determinations with respect to salary will take into account a number of factors, which may include, but not be limited to the primary work location and the chosen candidate's relevant skills, experience, and education.
Expected salary range:
$117,600.00 - $200,100.00Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.Employee Status:
10%Flexible Work Arrangements:
Hybrid, TelecommutingShift:Valid Driving License:Hazardous Material(s):Number of Openings: