Senior ESG Consultant - ( 220003C5 )
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec's Air Quality, Climate Change, and Noise group is dedicated to helping our clients with Environmental Social Governance (ESG) and climate change issues professionally and proactively. Our professional engineers and scientists provide specialized services to a wide variety of sectors including mining, manufacturing, industry, transportation, and government. We offer a full suite of services including ESG, Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emission quantification and verification, climate change adaptation and planning, as well as planning and policy studies.
We have an immediate opening for a Senior ESG Consultant to join our team in our Western US offices.
* Subject Matter Expertise in Corporate Sustainability Reports (CSRs), ESG frameworks, strategies, rating systems.
* Lead technical delivery of ESG projects.
* Development of ESG programs and strategy for clients.
* Provide technical expertise on ESG issues, policies, guidelines and requirements.
* Be knowledgeable in ESG trends and best practices.
* Collaborate with client corporate ESG professionals.
* Present to various audiences, at times with client C-suite.
* Synthesis and presentation of data.
* Preparation of sustainability briefings, strategy, action planning and public sustainability reports.
* Providing direction, mentorship, and support to junior staff in areas of your expertise.
* Prepare proposals and scoping of projects.
* Stay up to date on industry trends and reporting frameworks.
* Collaborate with colleagues to grow our ESG offerings and client base.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
* Experience consulting on ESG issues and developing ESG strategies
* Excellent writing and communication skills
* Experience with Task force on Climate-Related Financial disclosures
* Experience developing public sustainability and climate change reports
* Strong facilitation and engagement experience/knowledge considered an asset
* Strong quantitative and computer skills with Microsoft Office software.
* Able to work independently with minimal supervision and in a multi-disciplinary team.
* Flexibility in scheduling is required for occasional travel
Education and Experience
* BS in engineering, environmental science, energy, sustainability, or related degree; MS/PhD a plus.
* 7 - 10 years of professional experience in sustainability, climate change, and/or management consulting.
* Strong experience with sustainability frameworks including TCFD, SASB, CDP, DJSI, GRI, etc., monitoring trends, evaluating changes/impacts
* Must be business oriented and have a natural inclination to understand how things work, to fix things, to find ways around problems and to jump from problem to problem.
* Must be at ease with simple as well as complex tasks, practical and intellectual tasks.
* Be a results-oriented individual with the ability to interpret and effectively manage multiple and competing priorities and timelines.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : United States-California-Sacramento
Other Locations : United States-California-Fresno, United States-California-Pasadena, United States-California-San Jose, United States-Washington-Seattle, United States-California-Walnut Creek, United States-California-Rocklin, United States-California-Bakersfield, United States-Utah-Salt Lake City, United States-California-San Francisco, United States-Colorado-Denver, United States-Oregon-Portland, United States-Arizona-Chandler
Organization : BC-1857 Environmental Services-US Pacific
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 20 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Sep 28, 2022, 7:40:22 AM
Req ID: 220003C5
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans