Technical Lead, Climate Smart Agriculture in Bangladesh - (640)
Share this job as a link in your status update to LinkedIn.
Technical Lead, Climate Smart Agriculture in Bangladesh
WASHINGTON, DC 20036 US (Primary)
Up to 25%
Job Description Position Summary:
The Technical Lead, Proposal Development, Short-Term Consultant is an integral member of CNFA's New Business Development team contributing to the business development process and leading the technical design of winning proposals that enable the organization to grow organically and strategically. CNFA is preparing for the anticipated USAID-funded Climate Smart Agriculture Activity in Bangladesh. We require a Climate Smart Agriculture Technical Lead, who will be responsible for leading technical strategy design related to identification and adoption of climate smart agricultural practices and technologies, increasing resilience of smallholder farmers, and engaging public and private actors to promote research and innovation and strengthen institutional response to climate change. The Climate Smart Agriculture Technical Lead will also be responsible for conducting capture to gather relevant information and providing written inputs during the proposal development period.
The Contractor will serve as a Climate Smart Agriculture Technical Lead and will work closely with the proposal team. All tasks will be completed by the Contractor in compliance with CNFA Program Development Unit processes. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct remote and/or in-country capture work, as permissible, including;
- Meeting with private sector entities, local and international organizations, donor projects, government, and other stakeholders to learn about the opportunity and target sectors;
- Conduct desk research, country capture, and review solicitation documents to gather the required information;
- Provide recommendations about local organizations to engage with as partners, resource partners, and/or as stakeholders;
- Support the proposal team in identifying qualified staff candidates;
- Lead the technical design of the overall approach, strategy, and activities, participate in brainstorming, reviews, status update calls, and other proposal development meetings with CNFA staff in person or by phone;
- Write sections of and provide inputs, comments, and feedback to proposal drafts; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements Key Qualifications:
- Master's degree in agriculture, agronomy, agriculture economics, or similar from an accredited college or university;
- At least five years of implementing climate smart agriculture practices for both the irrigation and dryland smallholder farmer;
- Experience with climate change adaptation in the agricu lture sector;
- Experience working with government institutions and local communities;
- Demonstrated understanding of issues related to gender and climate change adaptation;
- Good understanding of national and state government priorities, policies, and planning process in climate change in Bangladesh;
- Experience working and living in Bangladesh highly desired;
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. CNFA IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of CNFA to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, political affiliation, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, veteran status, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors, except where otherwise provided by law. REASONABLE ACCOMODATION & CONTACT INFORMATION
CNFA provides a reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact the CNFA Home Office Human Resources Department via email at email@example.com or via phone at 202-296-3920 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job with us.