Job DescriptionWho we are:
We're Prime Matter Labs, a personal care product manufacturer with over 35 years of experience formulating, compounding, and filling products for some of the most successful and respected brands in the world.
We exist to bring better products to the world by empowering our customers to bring their ideas to life. We strive to be their most valuable partner, delivering a level of efficiency, service, and support unmatched in the industry.
Last year, we embarked on a bold new vision to be the leading product development and production partner in the country for emerging and established brands. To realize that vision, we're investing at an unprecedented level in new technology, processes, and plans that will completely rethink the way that brands view and interact with their manufacturer. We're building the platform that will allow us to serve as the foundation of our customer's branded products, from their first sample to their million unit product run, and every step in between.
Come help us build the future of the personal care and beauty landscape, one partnership at a time.What we're looking for:
We're searching for team members to help envision, build, and execute the growth strategy of the company in 2020 and beyond. We're looking to add ambitious leaders across the company. We're seeking individuals with an impressive track record of overdelivering on goals and expectations, who are constantly looking for new ways to push the envelope in their area of expertise.How you'll fit in:
As a microbiologist, you will report to the Director of Quality and you will be responsible for the microbiology laboratory, including procedures, equipment, validation, calibration, supplies, investigations, and routine microbial testing of pharmaceutical and cosmetic products. You will also be responsible for environmental monitoring, and manufacturing oversight to minimize microbiological risks in manufacturing.What you'll do:
Perform microbial testing of raw materials, in process, finished products and stability samples in accordance with USP , USP , GMP and internal procedures.
What you have:
- Monitor manufacturing activities and train personnel to prevent microbial contamination during manufacturing.
- Execute Microbial Methods Suitability testing in accordance with USP guidelines and internal procedures. Troubleshoot and optimize microbial testing methods.
- Perform sampling and Microbial testing of water and oversee water system.
- Investigate OOS and unexpected microbial testing results and perform identification of microorganisms in accordance with FDA guidelines and internal procedures.
- Prepare or revise STPs, SOPs, Validation Protocols, Data summaries and Reports.
B.S. in Microbiology or related Science.
What we're offering:
- Pharmaceutical Laboratory experience. Knowledgeable of GMP and USP procedures.
- Excellent attention to detail, technical writing, and computer skills.
- Excellent documentation, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
Competitive compensation package
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- 401K program
- The spirit of a startup with the security of an established, profitable industry leader
- The opportunity to make waves in a $250B industry
At Prime, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Prime is an equal opportunity employer.