Do you want to be part of an inclusive team that works to develop innovative therapies for patients? Every day, we are driven to develop and deliver innovative and effective new medicines to patients and physicians. If you want to be part of this exciting work, you belong at Astellas!
Astellas Pharma Inc. is a pharmaceutical company conducting business in more than 70 countries around the world. We are committed to turning innovative science into medical solutions that bring value and hope to patients and their families. Keeping our focus on addressing unmet medical needs and conducting our business with ethics and integrity enables us to improve the health of people throughout the world. For more information on Astellas, please visit our website at www.astellas.com.
Xyphos Biosciences, an affiliate of Astellas Pharma Inc. is developing a novel adoptive cell therapy technology platform and building a pipeline of innovative products.
We are a rapidly growing team of research and scientific professionals, passionate about turning science and innovation into medical solutions through our cell therapy technology platform. Through our diversity, scientific knowledge, professional rigor and focus on innovation, we are merging our technology with the Astellas drug development expertise to unlock cures to many therapies. Join our team of committed, enthusiastic professionals devoted to making the most effective, life-saving cell therapy products in the world.
Astellas is announcing a Research Associate II, R&D opportunity at their Xyphos site in South San Francisco, CA.
The primary purpose of the Research Associate II is to support all lentiviral production and immune cell manufacturing needs as well as cell biology and assay development in support of research activities. This position will work primarily in a laboratory setting with Scientist and research and discovery teams.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
* Cell culturing including established cell lines as well as the isolation and culturing of primary immune cells (either human or mouse).
* Generation and quality assessment of lentivirus and retrovirus preps to support R&D work.
* Conducting basic immune cell functional assays including flow cytometry, co-culture, and cytokine release.
* Strict adherence to established standard protocols for reliable and consistent production of critical research reagents.
* Accurately record procedures, data, and results in a timely manner and communicate observations to the research team.
* Collaborate and coordinate with other research team members.
* Perform other duties as assigned or special projects as needed.
* Must be able to occasionally work on weekends
* . Direct impact on research as this is a critical supportive role for cell biology infrastructure.
* Reports to Director of Research
* Collaborates regularly with the research team
* BS degree with 3+ years or MS with 0-2 years of laboratory experience
* Experience with mammalian cell culturing as well as the isolation and culturing of primary cells
* Experience producing lentivirus and or retrovirus and using them to engineer cells
* Strong working knowledge of immune assays and techniques (e.g. flow cytometry)
* Detail-oriented with ability to observe and report on assays outcomes and deviations
* Demonstrated excellence in the ability to meticulously record experimental details in a timely manner
* Willingness to learn and enthusiasm to be part of the development of a cutting-edge therapy platform
* Excellent organizational, time management, and problem solving skills
* Ability to work independently with supervision as well as to effectively collaborate with other teams; collegiality is a critical attribute
* Strong work ethic with a dedicated mindset of proactively identifying and productively filling gaps
* Agile mindset with ability to switch tasks as needed based upon research team priorities
* Background in immunology and/or cancer biology
* Experience in molecular biology
* Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
* Generous Paid Time Off options, including Vacation and Sick time, plus national holidays including year-end shut down
* 401(k) match and annual company contribution
* Company paid life insurance
* Annual Corporate Bonus and Quarterly Sales Incentive for eligible positions
* Long Term Incentive Plan for eligible positions
* Referral bonus program
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled