Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Analyst
Req ID 8053Geographic Information Systems (GIS) AnalystWho We Are
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate. Were looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all experiences, skillsets, backgrounds and walks of life. We actively foster a work environment and culture where inclusion and diversity is part of our fundamental structure. This is delivered behaviorally, through our policies, trainings, local partnerships with professional diverse organizations, internal networks and most importantly with the support and sponsorship of our leaders who help drive our commitment to an inclusive, diverse, welcoming and equitable work environment. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!Our Business
We are a global leader in environmental consulting - made stronger with the recent acquisition of Woods Environment & Infrastructure business and Golder - with world-class expertise in environmental, social and governance (ESG), climate resiliency & sustainability (CRS), and earth sciences. Combined we have over 20,000 multidisciplinary professionals worldwide collaborating daily to protect and conserve natural landscapes, create firm foundations for communities to stand on, and champion sustainable development to combat climate change. As part of the team, you will have access to an unparalleled network of resources and endless opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates from across the globe.This Opportunity
WSP is currently seeking GIS Analysts to perform flood risk analysis, mapping, and related services on Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) projects throughout the New England area.Your Impact
Who You AreRequired Qualifications
- Perform GIS database development, qualitative/quantitative analysis, and mapping as a member of a local and regional water resources team (primarily flood risk analysis and mapping)
- Compile, manipulate, and refine geographic data from a variety of sources including hydraulic models, field collection, satellite/aerial imagery, public domain data, and existing maps
- Produce detailed, high-quality cartographic products (digital and hardcopy) and accompanying reports in accordance with technical guidelines and client needs
- Communicate with project team members and other stakeholders to define data needs, project requirements, and desired outputs
- Compile, manipulate, and refine geographic data from a variety of sources including public domain, field collection, satellite imagery, aerial photographs, and existing maps
- Perform regular quality control checks of spatial and non-spatial datasets to ensure data integrity
- Collaborate with team members on project tasks related to GIS, database design and management, and data visualization
- Customize GIS workflow and software programs for data collection, engineering, and environmental applications
- 2 - 5 years of GIS project experience
- BA/BS in GIS, Geography or related field
- Understanding of cartography and cartographic principles
- Proficiency using ESRI ArcGIS software (Pro, Desktop, and/or Online)
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office
- Experience in producing high-quality digital and hardcopy maps and project graphics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand and carefully follow both written and oral guidance/instructions
- Resourceful and self-motivated
- Experience with FEMAs Risk MAP and National Flood Insurance Program
- Experience with hazard mitigation
- Customization of GIS software using Python
- Basic proficiency in other scripting/programming languages
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Travel Required: N/A - No travel required
- Job Status: Regular
- Employee Type: Full
- Primary Location: SOMERVILLE - INNER BELT RD
- All locations: US-MA-Chelmsford, US-MA-Somerville
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of WSP, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment markets. With more than 12,000 employees in over 200 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com
WSP provides a flexible, agile and hybrid workplace model while meeting client needs. Employees are also afforded a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on providing health and financial stability throughout the employees career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.