Currently, we are looking for an Environmental Health and Safety Manager based in the Nashville/Lebanon, TN area.
Our client recognized by The Tennessean as one of the top Nashville Workplaces, our client is the leading producer of energy-efficient boilers, water heaters, pool heaters and commercial package systems. They focus solely on serving their customers and have a solution for all water heating needs and because of this, they have experienced double digit company growth 34 of the past 36 years. Why my client?
- Mature EHSS facility/program with strong OSHA record and winner of multiple internal/external safety awards
- Tremendous support from entire organization with strong capital investments in EHSS
- Corporate EHS structure with a Global EHS Council that gathers all EHS individuals across client globally once a month
The Environmental Health and Safety Manager
will implement, oversee, and adapt EHSS (environmental, health, safety, security for Lochinvar, including a manufacturing facility that has 300,000+ sq ft and 375+ employees. The Environmental Health and Safety Manager will improve the organization's environmental and safety performance, ensure it complies with current and future regulations and standards, and protect its reputation. Role Specific Responsibilities
- Manages EHSS budget
- Represent facility on Global EHSS Council
- Manage EHSS through ISO-based management platform and reporting tools.
- Perform routine tasks such as project safety plans, job hazard analyses, incident investigations, workplace observations and ensuring safety equipment is maintained
- Develop, implement and monitor safety initiatives.
- Identify, develop and conduct required EHSS trainings
- Manage worker's compensation claim process.
- Bachelor's in Occupational Health & Safety/ EHS or related field
- 5+ years of experience including leadership experience or leadership capability through project/program management
- Works effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Leads EHSS projects that are larger in scope or across multiple plants.
- Consistently mentors less experienced EHSS professionals.
- Excellent general problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge and current understanding of all applicable regulations including federal, state and local laws and standards. (US EPA, SSHA, DOT, OSHA, etc.)
- Ability to interpret regulations to ensure compliance.
- ISO 14001 and ISO 45001.
- Excellent written & verbal communication.
- Manage EHS activities for plant/multiple locations.
- Manage /supervise a small group of employees or indirectly manage employees across multiple sites.
Great people make their organization great and because of that, they offer a comfortable working atmosphere for their employees in their newer state-of-the-art facility, employee discounts on water filtration products, a competitive compensation package (base and bonus) and comprehensive benefits plans which include medical and dental insurance, company-sponsored life insurance, 401k with company match and year-end company contribution, short- and long-term disability programs, and tuition assistance.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a leader in its industry. This is a full-time opportunity. Please submit most recent resume for quick and confidential consideration.