Who We Are
Boston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. BCG was the pioneer in business strategy when it was founded in 1963. Today, we help clients with total transformation-inspiring complex change, enabling organizations to grow, building competitive advantage, and driving bottom-line impact.
To succeed, organizations must blend digital and human capabilities. Our diverse, global teams bring deep industry and functional expertise and a range of perspectives to spark change. BCG delivers solutions through leading-edge management consulting along with technology and design, corporate and digital ventures-and business purpose. We work in a uniquely collaborative model across the firm and throughout all levels of the client organization, generating results that allow our clients to thrive. Practice Area Profile
Climate change is not a future threat-it's an immediate one. BCG's Climate & Sustainability practice (C&S) partners with businesses and governments to help them transform commitments into action and build a decarbonized, more sustainable world, driving technological and economic transformations to realize sustainable competitive advantage.
As part of our commitment to protecting the planet and helping clients achieve sustainable competitive advantage, BCG is deepening and broadening its focus. C&S brings together more than 550 experts covering the full range of sustainability topics, including biodiversity, circular economy, decarbonization, sustainable agriculture, transition financing, water management, and other ESG topics-across all sectors-to support our clients around the world. What You'll DoWHAT WE NEED
BCG is looking for an Expert Project Leader or Associate Director focused in Value Capture to join our Climate and Sustainability team and work alongside some of the world's top minds in the industry. You will play a critical role in the growth of our Value Capture topic through case execution, client development, and intellectual property and product creation. BCG helps clients transform their business models to optimize for societal and business value. With businesses facing more pressure than ever to rethink their role in society and improve their impact on people and the planet, BCG is looking for an expert to help our clients take on difficult challenges when it comes to climate and sustainability. WHAT YOU'LL DO
In this unique role, we are looking for someone who can: • Work closely with case teams to support LPs, GPs, and portfolio companies in understanding how to create value from climate & sustainability efforts, including strategies involving value-chain product & service impacts, DE&I initiatives, environmental impacts, etc.
• Define and generate value creation strategic frameworks and approaches tailored to different client contexts (e.g., industry, geography, size, type, etc.)
• Generate thought leadership around different methods that funds and portfolio companies have adopted in capturing value from climate & sustainability, and the potential impacts across different regions, industries, company sizes, company types, investment types, etc.
• Monitor and analyze relevant regulations and potential strategic and operational impacts, including new opportunities to generate and capture value
• Serve as a strategic thought partner and integrate with our broader Climate & Sustainability team to actively help with our Seat at the Table, industry leading publications, and client business development efforts
• Serve as a key topic expert for our Climate & Sustainability practice on value creation and capture related to Climate & Sustainability
As an Expert Project Leader or Associate Director, you will be integrated into a BCG team and leverage your deep expertise on projects that reshape businesses. You will be given end-to-end responsibility for large and complex "modules" within a BCG project and may lead small but high-impact teams to drive results for our clients. You will work closely with clients to understand their issues, create strategies for change, and win buy-in for your recommendations, while also collaborating with colleagues on complex client issues. Your expertise will be valued by senior clients and you will help build and contribute to BCG's intellectual capital while spending significant time supporting and executing case work. What You'll Bring (Experience & Qualifications)
Leveraging your experience, you will develop industry-leading solutions to help our clients succeed.
YOU'LL BE BASED IN
- 5+ years value capture consulting or consulting/industry experience
- Knowledge of key topics in one or more of: value creation, environmental impact, value-chain product & service impact, net zero transition
- Knowledge of emerging regulatory expectations for climate risk management capabilities
- Experience in modeling the impact of climate risk on material financial and non-financial risks, and opportunities
- Strong academics from a top-tier institution
- Excellent communication skills; able to explain complex industry concepts in non-technical terms
We will consider candidates for any of our North American offices. YOU'LL BE TRAVELING
Travel is anticipated, and will vary based on specific project locations.
Candidates should be aware that BCG currently maintains a policy requiring all US & Canada based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated prior to their employment start date. BCG is an equal opportunity employer and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under applicable federal, state, provincial and local law.