International chemical and energy manufacturing company is searching for an Environmental Specialist for its Houston, Texas facility.
This position reports to the EHS Manager and will focus primarily on coordination of the air compliance program. This individual will provide subject matter expertise for air permitting and air regulatory compliance. Additional responsibilities in other environmental compliance areas include water, waste, and remediation programs.
Key responsibilities include the following:
1) Developing, implementing, and maintaining systems to ensure compliance for environmental (air) requirements
2) Risk management including assessments and mitigation identification
3) Emergency response
4) Incident investigations
5) Community and agency relations
6) Identifying, developing, and maintaining performance metrics for air compliance
7) Advising on all regulatory issues
8) Compliance training
The successful candidate should have a BS in Chemical or Environmental Engineering or related science plus 5-10 years of environmental experience in the chemical or petrochemical industry.
Company DescriptionMid-sized international chemical company that has quadrupled in size over the past 10-15 years.